Ferrari F40 Barchetta???? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F40 Barchetta????

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by azzkikr9, Dec 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pascal D

Pascal D Rookie

Nov 12, 2008
    Houthalen Belgium
    Full Name:
    Pascal Dupont
    OK, I did some research :

The body (of the barchetta) was made by Gillet in Belgium. The pictures that show the clay used to make the engine cover were made in their workshop.

My italian friend is still trying to contact the guys from Coloni.

But I have doubts about the plaque that shows the F4 - 001 number. It is no longer on the car. I wonder where it was located, if you look a the picture, the "red thing" on the left side, appears to be a seatbelt. But according to the pictures that I've found on the internet. The blue bracket that holds the seatbelt is / was not installed on the F-40 Barchetta. Can anyone confirm that the picture of the plaque was taken inside the F-40 Barchetta ?

The original serial number of the yellow F-40 that was used for the Barchetta is still a mistery, but I'm shure that one day we'll find it :)

Greetings

Pascal

2. vinniem

vinniem Rookie

Dec 16, 2009
    Full Name:
    Vinicius
    #27 vinniem, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    haha I love that^ !

4. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Peter,

85690 is the ex Popoff F40 GT and has nothing to do with this Blaton Barchetta F40 look-a-like

Tom

5. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    God I used to love that game!

6. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Is that GT the Shell one?

7. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    no.

8. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Okay, so which one is it?

9. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
  10. Pascal D

Pascal D Rookie

Nov 12, 2008
    Houthalen Belgium
    Full Name:
    Pascal Dupont
    #35 Pascal D, Feb 16, 2011
  11. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    so this has a all new carbon-fiber tub as well....interesting!

there really isn't much of the original F40 left in there...steel chassis is gone, f+r suspensions gone, transaxle gone, interior re-done, body panels re-done...

...since the s/n stays more-or-less attached to the original chassis, and it is gone, could be why this particular car may be without it/one?? possibly?

12. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    just read the article again, so might be the central portion of original steel chassis remains?....still, isn't much left.....i'd be inclined to think that the car is essentially entirely fabricated, with only F40 parts sourced from other, i.e. engine.....would explain uncertainty debate over s/n

13. Pascal D

Pascal D Rookie

Nov 12, 2008
    Houthalen Belgium
    Full Name:
    Pascal Dupont
    #38 Pascal D, Jul 24, 2011
    Sofar I've taken some 400 photos of the Barchetta Beurlys. I've searched the car trying to find the serial number, but even the plaque with F4-001 is no longer there.

Since the chassis is so different from a standard F-40 chassis, I have to conclude that the chassis was made "from scratch", specially build for this car.

But a real F-40 body was used to build the Barchetta. So the question is what was the serial number of the body ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

OkaniT likes this.
  14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Forget the F4 - 001 plaque. What you want to find is the VIN. Check the steering column, just behind the steering wheel; there should be a VIN plate there. If not, check for the square metal data plate on the driver's side door jamb; that plate will have the VIN (and the date of production if it's a US car). If there's nothing there, then check the engine bay, standing on the right side of the car; look for the assembly number. The assembly number is a five-digit number on a small black and silver rectangular plate.

15. olivier

olivier F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Olivier B.
    Carbon

There is none of these plates on this car. I checked.

Olivier

16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hi, Olivier!

So are we certain that it's a real Ferrari?

17. olivier

olivier F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Olivier B.
    No, not sure at all !

Olivier

18. Pascal D

Pascal D Rookie

Nov 12, 2008
    Houthalen Belgium
    Full Name:
    Pascal Dupont
    A real Ferrari ? No. A real ferrari is either build by Ferrari itself or by a company (like Michelotto) that has permission to alter an existing Ferrari.

As for the F-40 Barchetta "Beurlys", Ferrari demanded that all the Ferrari logo's were removed (even the F-40 logo on the sidewall of the rear wing), so that makes this car not a "real Ferrari".

As far as I'm concerned, I consider the F-40 Barchetta as an interesting development of the Ferrari F-40. It is a privately build concept car.

According to the owner of the garage that does the maintenance on this car, it is very VERY fast, and is fun to drive.

As for its value, I think it will never be worth as much as a real Ferrari F-40. The name "Beurlys" or Jean Blaton is nowhere near as valuable as the Ferrari name.

But it shows us what could have been. If this prototype had been futher developed and produced in limited numbers by Ferrari, it certainly would be valuable.

PS : it would be great if someone could make a clip of the startup of the engine, looking at the altered exhaust, I think it produces a mighty but wonderful sound. Any volunteers ?

Yours sincerely

Pascal

19. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    I somewhat don't like it. It doesn't flow right such as the F50 Barchetta does. Maybe it just needs to grow on me.

20. Tomax

Tomax Karting

Apr 27, 2004
    Maybe then it is the SEGA one from OutRun, looks a hell of a lot like an F40, but no VIN or similar plates.

Hope you guys find some useful info on this car - always interesting to see pictures of it. Would also be interesting to see if the plates have been used to multiply the original F40 into two.

21. Aiglos91

Aiglos91 Rookie

May 7, 2012
    I've tried to find some info about Jean Blaton/Beurlys, but I couldn't find any.
    Is there any other info known about him here? (date of birth, number of races won, etc.)

22. cridom60

cridom60 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    dominique
  23. Aiglos91

Aiglos91 Rookie

May 7, 2012
    I don't know how you find that, but thank you very much :)

24. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

There is an F-50 Barchetta?