330 GTC at Heritage Classics | FerrariChat

330 GTC at Heritage Classics

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by UroTrash, Feb 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Does any one have any first hand info on the 330GTC at Heritage Classics? They are asking $96,500 and it appears to be the same one that Fantasy Junction has last fall for $86,000. I wonder if this is the classic $10,000 wash job! They say it is 19,000 mile car....

http://www.heritageclassics.com/ferrari/67red330gtc3/Page.html

2. robsandiego

robsandiego Rookie

Jan 10, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I saw it last month while looking at/driving the series I 2+2 they have. I did not look at it with a buyers eye as I did the other car but nothing unusual jumped out at me. The paint had a nice shine. The inside was in great shape. It's my sense that in addition to the afformentioned cleaning, prices for these are on a slight uptick of late. I have seen two at Symbolic very recently. The red one went to Japan for $80K with more miles and more wear, the other never made it to the sales floor. They sold it to another dealer for 75K because the engine had some issues. It too had more miles and corresponding wear. This one appeared to be IMO in significantly better condition and if I'm not mistaken, it is a more desirable late model. They've had it and other models for a while, maybe they are more likely to negotiate now?

I would say that it if no one here has the time to give it a closer look/drive for you it's worth a PPI sight unseen. I just did it on another car and it was the best $400 I probably ever spent. It saved me $15K to $20K for a rebuild on an otherwise beautiful 330 Series II 2+2. (Thanks you guys who put me on to Gary Bobileff). So, if this GTC passes inspection the price may not be too far off.

Try posting or linking this post at tomyang.net as well.
    Rob

3. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Thanks Rob! Do you know anyone in the area that would do the inspection? I would prefer to screen it that way prior to flying out. BTW, does anyone know about another 330GTC referenced below, also in LA?
    I would like to get an inspection of both to make the trip out there worthwhile. THANKS!!!! mdstrib

http://www.carbuyer.com/moreinfo.phtml?key=765682

1966 Ferrari 330 GTC

Ferrari
    330 GTC
    RED / BLACK
    $114000
    Richard purcell
    Los anglels, CA
    (310) 497-5465 or (310) 550-2646

Description: 1966 330 GTC Mint condition, RED/BLACK,4000 miles since complete world famous full restoration, concourse winner many times over,cover of Cavallino,all original books,tools,every record including restoration pictures and reciepts. $115,000.00 310-497-5465. 310-550-2646.

4. robsandiego

robsandiego Rookie

Jan 10, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob
    No, but do a search of the archives and I'm sure you'll get a name.

5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  6. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Wayne, thanks for the serial #, thats really helpful! The 330 register provided several years of history and prev asking prices. It appears to be a car worth looking at. mdstrib

7. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    I was just at Ferrari of Atlanta and they have a 330 GTC for sale. I think they're asking $86k for it. It's not perfect, but it looked reasonable.

8. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Bill, thanks for the heads up, I'm only 2 hours from Atlanta!

Wayne, again thanks for the SN of the one in California. I found the article in #74 and #75 Cavallino. Its pretty impressive layout, although I suspect the car has sat for the last 11 years. I suspect that may not be the best thing for the car.

Anyway, it is a beautiful car and really does have the complete tool kit, I've not see another adverised with that. You know, in the 330 registry it list 8935 as having 10,000 miles, and now the owner lists 4000 since restoration. Do you think it really would have been restored with only 10K miles?

I'm really after a driver, so I'm a litte wary of a garage queen although that tool kit sure looks good.....Finally, 8935 is an early car and I understand numerous improvements were made during the series (better valve guides, clutch cable etc). Anyone with an opinion of early vs late 330GTCs? Speaking of valve guides. is there a sourse of harder valve guides out there?Thanks to all!

mdstrib

9. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    I'm glad to help. I talked to a sales guy named Levi Gonzales who said that it had some updates to make it more driveable, so it's not completely period correct. I would have looked a little closer but there was a prospective buyer going over it. From what I can tell he didn't pull the trigger. Good luck.