*video* Blue Angels @ Seafair (Saturday full show) | FerrariChat

*video* Blue Angels @ Seafair (Saturday full show)

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Grey_Gull, Aug 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2004
  2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    They're awesome. I'll never forget seeing them! :)

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    That's where I usually see the Blues, in those years when I attend the Seafair races. But it's hard to conduct pit tours (on Friday and Saturday) when they're performing!

4. alexD

alexD F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2006
    sunnyvale
    Full Name:
    alex d
    wow...the commentator is terrible. I almost have to mute this.

5. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2004
    Agreed, it would have been more entertaining if it were Dave Chappelle or Andrew Dice Clay giving the commentary.

6. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Muted and enjoyed. Always wanted to see them preform. I saw them once doing a flyby at the beach.

7. bbs911

bbs911 Formula Junior

May 31, 2007
    Dallas
    The commentator (or narrator, as the Blue Angels call him) is the same person as the #7 (backup) pilot. #7 pilot flies the media in the 2 seat F-18. As long as I can remember, the narrator has always had that "hokey" sort of presentation.

8. Matt LaMotte

Matt LaMotte Formula 3

Oct 30, 2002
    I grew up less than a mile from the runway here in there hometown of Pensacola. I've "watched" them practice every Tuesday and Thursday for 25 years and it never gets old. They used to fly much lower when I was a kid.

Funny story....I had just got a new kitten as a pet. Me and my 2 brothers took it outside in the backyard to let it get used to its new home. As we all sat around it in a circle that ever so familiar roar started. We may have had 3 seconds before a Blue Angel went over the house and shot straight up. I sware to you we could see right up the tail and see the afterburners kicking in. As you can imagine the cat thought the world was ending and took off running full speed into our chain link fence knocking itself silly.

9. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    You need to get video of this, sounds really cool!

10. alexD

alexD F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2006
    sunnyvale
    Full Name:
    alex d
    Hmm, didn't know that. The music is kind of weak too...who thought it is a good idea to play country music to a backdrop of fighter jets doing cool things? I think the Blue Angels need to hire Kenny Loggins to lay down a few tracks for their shows. Otherwise, let the glorious sound of those jet engines do the talking.