Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | FerrariChat

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TexasKid, Aug 11, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TexasKid

TexasKid Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 13, 2011
    Anyone been? Opinions?

2. AlfaR

AlfaR Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Eric Paxson
    Never been but I have seen the ads on television. Weird to see a Ferrari commercial.

3. dbdreams

dbdreams Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Hayden, Alabama, USA
    Full Name:
    David W. Burnett, Jr.
    I would love to go but I wonder what their opinion of American's might be? Some people might blend in but I am afraid I would stick out like a Ferrari in Alabama.

4. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    #4 JeremyJon, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
    .....makes me think of euro-disney :S

5. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    new video, err ad:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNSZFTH4pXY[/ame]

Caption:

6. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    I've been not long after they opened. It's a cool place, although a little pricey (300AED). The rides were all right, most of them are really aimed for younger kids, although they all teach a little something about Ferrari history during the rides. Ex. There's a theater with moving chairs which takes you around an F-car's test around the track and town, it's fairly realistic. They have the world's fastest accelerating roller coaster which is very cool but sometimes has a bit of a queue. I'd recommend getting the VIP entrance which allows you to skip to the front, very handy. There was also a very good driving sim, which apparently is used by F1 drivers to practice. It was pretty cool as well, although quite hard to just get in and go.

I really enjoyed the little Ferrari museum they had. The cars they had were an F40, 212 Export, 275GTB4, 166MM, 400 Superamerica and several F1 cars (Prost's '91, Schumacher's '04 and a few others I can't really remember). Pretty sure the collection changes quite frequently though. The hallways are littered with new Ferraris showing different models and options packages which is pretty convenient to see in one place if shopping around. The parking lot was equally impressive, some cool Fcars parked there.