SCUD pricing guide | Page 2 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    What is BS about my statment, this is what I see in Manheim right now for Scuds:

2008 Black, 7.3k miles, $177k Buy it Now

2008 Black, 8.4k miles, $181k Buy it Now

2009 Black, 6k miles $185k starting bid, $189k Buy it now

That is all I see now, but I checked last week and belive there was a yellow and red in there for the low $180's as well.

I have no idea what dealers profit margins are on these cars, so the ~$10k figure was just a rough guess. Is that what you are saying BS to?

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    NO, your statement about Challenge Stradales.

3. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Rob, its actually nice to see an administrator having an opinion

4. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #29 RichardCH, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
    and fwiw I haven't seen even 1 CS sell in Switzerland for the last 18 months, there are NO buyers at the moment, just more for sale and there are now 36 458's for sale too

5. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    and that it not to mention 52 599's which are not selling either ....

6. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Just a quick note on this data, those are asking prices not actual manheim sale prices, BIG DIFFERENCE. The market is going to drop like a rock on these in the next few months. Even comparing the scud sale prices from a couple months ago is foolish right now.

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Stock market, winter, Mclaren, 458 Spider all those factors will make the Scud an amazing deal.

8. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I need to drive one and see if I can stand the interior.

9. Mbn

Mbn Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    now hear this ! last month my dealer offered me $136k trade-in value for my 2009 Scuderia with less than 600 miles (not a garage queen just busy traveling) !!!!!!!! when i said i may get a 458 !

i told him if he was kidding ! then decided im keeping it

just installed a new battery and washing it as we speak !

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    wow, makes me wonder if they actually get takers doing that?

11. RBM

RBM Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Full Name:
    RBM
    Front splitter
    Rear diffusor
    Headlight housings

12. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    #37 SCEye, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
    there ARE buyers. It's just that the sellers DON'T want to sell at the price the buyers are willing to offer.

13. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Er yes, that is called a collapsing market

14. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I can't. I think the interior looks cool but I could not live with it.

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I didnt have a problem with the interior other than i didnt like the metal/aluminium floor..i prefered the Stradale's. But the rest was actually pretty well put together.

16. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I know I bring bad news to this board about prices (just trying to keep it real), your dealer anticipated the market drop 90+ days prior so it should not get worse than that until January 2012. I hope :)

Regular f430's dealer bids are dropping by $5k a month right now until things get more stable. Scuds are harder to sell so prob $7500 a month on those.

17. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    There's a mixed bag of posters in Ferrari Chat. We have some really knowledgeable guys -- known not anonymous posters -- who have established credibility. These known guys have an established track record here. Doesn't make them infallible, but they are right more often than wrong.

Then we have the unsubscribed, semi-anonymous, new on the scene posters who take blind stabs in the dark with no empirical data, and no substantiated experience in the subject, to support what they claim. They like to stand out as being experts, but have little to substantiate their opinions.

By the way, a dealer offered me $158,500 for my car. And my PM box was full with inquiries about the car. On obviously all new/modern Ferraris will depreciate on a linear scale, some more than others; and Scuds can be a tough sell if they are not priced in the market. That's why mine is priced where it is.

18. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    All of you naysayers keep bullsh*tting and crying about the price and will probably never pull the trigger.

I have had my Scud now since the beginning of the year and have had the best summer of my life using it and enjoying it.

So it's your choice whether to sit there and procrastinate, waste your time and dream of what could have been or if you're serious about buying it (and I doubt most are) then put your money where mouth is and buy one already.

Life is not a dress rehearsal...you get one chance and that's it.

The sun is out...I have to go rev mine up and have some fun !!

19. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1 Usually these Anonymous Posters are Wankers who couldn't afford the scale model let alone the car, which is alright, but they pontificate as if they can.

20. crcs

crcs Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2009
    Burlington Ontario
    If you are stingy and worried about your pocketbook 24hrs a day then these cars simply aren't for you.

But yes Scuderia, F430, and even 458 are all in process of plunging. Especially in Swiss Francs.

I am seeing 2009 Scuds with less then 1000 miles being bid to 175-185k with 310k MSRP window stickers.

That's a 45% drop in US dollars, 55% in Swiss Francs and 65% in gold.

There are over 450+ mobile.de listings of F430's and something like 150+ of 458 for sale. And why shouldn't these cars drop in price? They are consumables meant to be enjoyed rather then investments or capital preservation tools. The pre 2007 days are over and will never return again in our lifetimes.

21. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i think its appropriately priced and a great value. very nice car......

i've had a pm'd typed up a couple times but just couldn't hit the send button........ as I'd want to track it and couldn't stomach tracking a $165k car...

22. Scott3T

Scott3T Rookie

May 25, 2011
    Milwaukee
    Full Name:
    Scott Taylor
    +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO! (because it's true!)

23. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    Hit pm'd button henryr :), you'll love it. Great car at a fantastic price. Someone is going to get a hell of a DEAL!

24. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    #49 Trent, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mike I am with you on all counts apart from the linear comment. More accurately most late model Ferraris will depreciate over time on a curve with an progressively flattening slope. The curve is basically close to 1/x. So it is a curve, not linear. If it was linear, it would reach zero quite fast.

I used logarithmic least squares fitting for a Porsche GT3 depreciation curve, I did not have 5 year data for a Ferrari handy. *this is not actual depreciation, just a fit for the actual depreciation curve. The first few years are not fitted very well (error wise), but it does show nicely how prices flatten out.
    y = -14.48862324 ln(x) + 83.75047937

If one of you true price trackers PMs me your data, I will more than happy to graph it and more importantly fit an equation that can be used to determine future prices?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. crcs

crcs Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 18, 2009
    Burlington Ontario
    Mikes Scuderia is well priced. Hes being a realistic seller, compared to some others who still think the Scud is a 230k car.