Anyone ever use Matthew Jay Weiss for a speeding ticket? | FerrariChat

Anyone ever use Matthew Jay Weiss for a speeding ticket?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by yale, Sep 9, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yale

yale Formula Junior

May 2, 2004
    New York City
  2. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Never heard of him. Be careful on west side highway both directions north of the GW Bridge as they are very aggressive over there with the laser guns. I never speed there. Good luck with the ticket. If this guy is well known with the court I'd go with him.

3. sshorty

sshorty Karting

May 23, 2004
    Independence, KY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Make sure you talk to the lawyer and the lawyer has experience with the "Highway 1" unit. They have been known to stick to be hard negotiators. I got a ticket from highway one back in 2006 (for a speed I'd rather not mention on here). Let's just say I used every police ralationship I had. It took calls to every cop I knew and the only one who could get me out of it was so high up, no one really knows what he does.

Good luck and again, make sure you find a lawyer that knows these guys.

4. ducowti

ducowti Formula 3

Jan 27, 2008
    NY/SC
    Full Name:
    David
    You can also try Casey Raskob, speedlaw.net. While I've never used him many in my Ducati group have and he comes highly recommended.

5. sytynut

sytynut Rookie

Apr 9, 2009
    Yale,

I'm a NY licensed attorney and I handle NY ticket cases. Is your ticket a TVB "Traffic Violations Bureau" ticket? Look at the bottom and top of the ticket. It'll say so. If it is, there is no plea bargaining for this type of ticket and it is very difficult to beat (though not impossible). Let me know if your interested in speaking with me as well as I regularly handle these violations and I have over 12 years of experience. Thank you.

Peter

6. TWEAKER 101

TWEAKER 101 Rookie

Jun 12, 2011
    If you had a Passport 9500ci with radar and laser jamming you probably wouldn't need a lawyer! I just completed a system in a 430 a few days ago and it's saved the owner twice already!