Philippine 330 GT on Car Crazy | FerrariChat

Philippine 330 GT on Car Crazy

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by abstamaria, Sep 19, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #1 abstamaria, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
    Barry Meguiar's "Car Crazy" aired the other week on U.S. TV; here is the YouTube link, in case you missed it. The metallic green 330GT I mentioned before is shown here. You might find it and the show interesting:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEp36HwnNcs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

2. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    Lots of interesting cars in the show. Stratos @2:20, Toyota 2000GT @3:09, Miura @12:58, and the 330GT is at @14:57. Pretty car, I like the color, but the owner and the show has the model incorrect obviously.

Cheers, JB

3. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Thanks, Jon. The 2000GT is a favorite of mine.

I had to watch the show again to catch the error on the 330GT. I know the owner, and he knows the model, but he does sound like he said "GTs." Unfortunately, the show captioned the car as a "GTS." It's a very nicely restored car, and I like the color, too.

Andres

4. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #4 El Wayne, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Haha, yes, I watched the clip again. The "s" is I think a sibilant picked up by the microphone. The owner, whom I know well, does say only 460 units were made, which is the correct production number for a Series II 330GT. Unfortunately, the show editor picked up both the sibilant and the production number and came up with "Ferarri 330GTS 460" for their caption. Note the misspelling, too.

The TV show's editor and crew I am sure are very knowledgeable about American cars, but perhaps less so about the older foreign makes, especially '60s Ferraris. They have to cover such a wide range of cars. The Toyota 2000GT was probably new to them, too. Barry was quite straight and said he had never heard of a Stratos, but then there are many on this forum, even in the 206/246 section, that had never heard of the Stratos, so that is all right. In any case, they were a great, enthusiastic crew, Barry especially, and we were quite happy to have them in Manila. It was the first time for many of them, including Barry.

We only have two pre-70s Ferraris in this country, this 330GT and a 340 America, featured elsewhere in this section. It would be great to have more. I would want a GTC, but the price has been spiralling out of my reach.

By the way, EI Wayne, how does one save a photo from a YouTube clip?

Best,

Andy

6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Pause video, press Ctrl and Prt Scrn at the same time. Open photo editing software (Paint works just fine), Edit > Paste. Then crop as desired and save.

7. epdowd

epdowd Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Wilson
    Window's 7 has a great built in program called "Snipping Tool". Just push the button and it highlights the whole screen. You then use the mouse to cut out the section you want and it saves it as a JPG. Very fast & easy.

8. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Thanks very much, EI Wayne, epdowd. I will try both.

Andy

9. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    Andy, sorry I didn't intend to disrespect your friend, he has excellent taste in cars! Yes Barry is very enthusiastic about cars too, and you can't know them all. I am astounded at the beautiful cars which show up a Pebble, Quail etc which I have never heard of either.

Cheers, JB

10. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Andres, how did you get Barry to PA? Of course, no obligation to reply if confidential. ;)

Great show, kudos to you all! I love the wonderful attitude of the owners...

Regards, Alberto