New Maserati "GranSport" | FerrariChat

New Maserati "GranSport"

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by masergt, Feb 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The car looks stunning IMHO. A big improvement. Can you say exotic daily driver?

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Wow looks great. I just got the new C&D and they said by late 2005 there will be an all new Coupe and Spider that is built off the Quattroportte Platform with Pinninfarina styling.

3. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele
    the GranSport gets the Quattroporte's engine: 4.24 litre instead 4.25, with 400 HP; the Cambiocorsa gear is 35% faster, the body is 1 cm lowered; 0-1000m in 23 seconds ;)

4. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    Wow, that looks great!!! Maserati really has started a second life IMHO. I had the change to take a closer view at the new Quattroporte earlier this week and I have to say : What a car!!! The Bose Sound System on itself already is absolutely state of the art. S and 7 series gonna have difficulties !!!!

Joren REMANS

5. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    I like the concept of the new exhaust (valve open in sport mode) and the sportier interior / exterior. Only 0.1s more than a 360 Modena on 0-1000m !
    Does anybody have some price information ?

6. jack

jack Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Lionel
    Pat : the QP and Coupé and GranSport have the same engine (4.244 liter). The tuning is slightly different (air intake and maybe the ECU). But that is all. It would cost a lot to modify the engine even for only 0.01 liter. There is different rumor that every engine provide between 400 and 425hp.

7. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    That looks great!
    Ill take mine in black with a dark-brown leather int. and the Cambio tranny! WOOOO

I cant wait to see the new Coupe/Spyder, that photo in C/D doesnt show as much as id like, but im sure it will be a worthy sucessor.

8. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Looks great!

9. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele

Sorry, I read it on an Italian magazine:

http://www.quattroruote.it/auto/MondoAuto/attualita/visualizza_articolo.cfm?codice=25912&interstitial=1

they says claimed top speed is 290kmh too ;)

10. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    I like the Maserati, and I have liked it since the first time I saw a 3200 GT in Paris a few years ago (1999 or 2000?, looks pretty much exactly the same as what is now sold as the Coupe and Spyder, except for the rear lights).

However, I don't like the rear lights, they look too bland to be on a Maserati. Honda or Toyota, yes, Maserati, no.

The old "boomerang" styling on the 3200 GT rear lights was more exotic, but not any more attractive.

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket lights that change this detail on an otherwise attractive car?

11. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
  12. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Lotustt, I'm assuming those pics are from Geneva. Where'd you find them?

13. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Hey what can you buy it for at the auto auction two years after introduction ?

14. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    If I am not mistaken the rear lights were not legal for the US. :/

15. Pat

Pat Karting

Jan 2, 2004
    Genova, Italy
    Full Name:
    Emanuele

you're right ;)

I think they were made by leds ;)

16. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Yes those are from Geneva. There from the Geneva auto show website. I wish they were mine cause then I would be there.