should single women own Ferrari's, what does it signify to you | FerrariChat

should single women own Ferrari's, what does it signify to you

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by larz, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. larz

larz Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    I know it's sexist, but just curious about the general thought.
    should single women own Ferrari's and what does that signify to you out there? Maybe not even Ferrari, but any sports car such as a maserati, porsche, beemer. Do you think they can handle the car? There seems to be a lot of wealthy single girls out there buzzing around in sports cars. Any thoughts?

2. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Go for it. I think they can handle them and I like to see them driving a great car.

3. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Call me crazy, but I'd guess it would mean that she likes to drive sports cars???

4. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    a woman ought to be able to drive anything they want to drive. There are a couple of woman on this bb including the lady in Canada that used to own a 308 and has written several articles about some of the awesome cars she has driven. I think that her last was a new Enzo.

5. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Definitely they should. I think that anyone (men and women) should own a Ferrari as long as they are into sports cars, know a little about the marque, and drive the cars more than once a month.

6. larz

larz Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    I know its a dumb question. Sounds like none of you guys think she's trying to compete with you. My fiancee thought most of you guys out there are open minded hence the question. She says she has met guys who are intimidated by a girl owning a "better" car then their date or better half.

7. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    of course they should drive whatever they want. i know guys who dont know a line wrench from a torque wrench. they can barely drive the normal cars they have. i say 3 cheers for the women who choose sports cars, hell wish i could find one to date!!!!! LOL

8. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I only wish more women took an interest in owning and driving Ferraris! :)

9. ferrarinascar

ferrarinascar Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Irvine
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think its great, but if she had an F-car and I didn't I'm not sure how I would feel. It would mean she probably made more $$ then me and it sounds great, but not sure how I would really feel. we say they want a woman that makes more $$ then them, but it may be intimidating. Shouldn't care what society thinks though.

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    My wife is 26 and has been driving Ferrari's for quite some time. She has no problem with any of them, except getting speeding tickets. Of course shes never had anything really high powered, just 308/348/355, but she also drives my Diablo with ease.

11. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    any woman should have whatever she wants, unless she divorces me. Then its straight to the KIA dealer! IMHO, many women like cars just as much as us men. A friend of mine never even told me about her obsession, until one day, after nothing at all she says "I really can't believe ferrari allowed the Enzo to be designed by a non-italian. Japan is not where italian car designers come from, and I wish it would come with a stick!" I was floored.

12. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Everyone, regardless of sex, race, religion or lifestyle (let's not to get into the discussion of same sex marriage..) should be able to enjoy everything we have to offer...including the pride and joy of sportcar ownership.

Frankly, my wife can manually handle my stick (gear, that is..) better than anyone I know, including myself. I'd love it if she wants one but unfortunately, she's indifferent to all my exotic cars (including Ferrari)...but that's a seperate issue all together.

13. sandersja

sandersja Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Portland OR
    Full Name:
    John Sanders
    When I was living in Albuquerque, a flashy and outgoing woman brought her very nice bright yellow Porsche to a joint PCar and FCar meet. It came up in conversation that her car was not such a good dude-magnet she had thought it would be. She said the guys were more interested in the car than in her.

14. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I say go for it, power of the "P" and all that stuff. A gal that buys a more traditionally male oriented sports car is trying to make a statement. But, hey it's a free country(sorta).

15. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Uhhh, what's a line wrench?

16. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    Yes, it signifies good taste.

A woman making more money than me does not bother me.

A woman having a nicer car than me does not bother me.

A woman drooling over my car bothers me. That signifies to me that she maybe more interested in what I can offer her financially then what I can offer her in other ways.

Of course, I am an old fashioned kind of guy. What she makes is hers and what I make is ours. Therefore, I do not want someone who will abuse that.

17. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    ....permit me to take it another step further and add...what is a torque wrench?

18. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I think it's sexy. I live in the midwest, so I'm yet to see a woman driving a Ferrari other than my wife. But I do see the occasional woman steering a Porsche, and it always looks awesome.

19. larz

larz Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    Line wrench? Torque wrench???

I find a woman driving a sportscar incredibly sexy also and to hell with tradition. Classy and sassy.

20. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    I know of a single woman who own/drives a 360. She understands cars, for sure.

21. ignacio

ignacio Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    annapolis md
    i have a dream...that all pretty women will trade in their suburbans and get ferrari's and porsches!

that would be a woderful world!

22. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    What about the ugly and fat ones? :D

23. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    As long as there is a Burka covering the entire car! (HA! I beat Darth to this one!)

24. larz

larz Rookie

Feb 27, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    Do you mean guys or girls? JK, we know what ugly and fat guys drive.

25. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

I almost fell out of my chair reading that!

GOod one man! :D