itt technical institute | FerrariChat

itt technical institute

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jason19794, Oct 10, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jason19794

jason19794 Rookie

Nov 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jason
    My brother is thinking about going. Has anyone here ever gone to this school or know anyone who has?

2. carl63_99

carl63_99 Karting

Oct 22, 2001
    Jason,

Several years ago I was working in Research and Development as an Electronics technician and part of my work was to visit schools looking for new techs. I visited ITT regularly for four years. I found that school to be very expensive, costing as much as a Bachelors for the Associates they gave, and more importantly, as they are not an accredited school, none of the credits transfer to any other school. If your brother ever wants to get another degree or continue on the same career path, that degree is not going to help any.

In the time that I was visiting the schools, I found that very few of the students applied themselves and learned the material. In many ways, it comes down to a person applying themselves to the material, but at ITT, it was checkbook education. If you kept paying your bill, or more importantly, kept qualifying for assistance, you stayed in school.

I would have to recommend getting into a university program if at all possible. Local community colleges also offer great programs where he can get a start, possibly get a decent junior degree and get a job at a company that provides educational assistance and will pay for him to work on a higher degree. Picking a good school up front will save years of frustration down the road.

Good luck,
    Carl

3. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Agree with the above. My GF did it a couple years ago to be a med assistant. Now that she wants the be an RN, she has to start over. Some of the tech schools are great. But make sure the credits transfer. Otherwise it can be a big waste of time.