16M with Capristo headers + tubi exhaust?? | FerrariChat

16M with Capristo headers + tubi exhaust??

Discussion in '360/430' started by DL997TT, Oct 11, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DL997TT

DL997TT Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Daniel Leung
    Hi,

I have installed the Capristo headers on my 16M last week. it sounds even nicer once I reach 5000rpm but it is still kind of quiet on low rpm, I am thinking about adding the Tubi titanium exhaust now but some of my friends warned me that it will be super loud!! does any one have experience with the Capristo headers + tubi exhaust?

Appreciate your comments

Best,
    DL

2. Brandi

Brandi Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Milano, Italy
    I have Capristo Headers + Capristo Racing Exhaust with no valves (w/stock cats) on a 430 Spider and it's definitely loud (in a good way but LOUD)

I think this set-up equals the one you're thinking about...

Honestly, if i were you, i'd go with the Capristo Racing exhaust that also has the new mounting bracket to prevent the known breaking issues..

3. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    #3 SfefVan, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
    +1, I really would consider the Capristo muffler. Product quality between Tubi and Capristo is just incomparable. Some members like F430Addict or RichardCH made some excellent posts here which will certainly give you a very good idea about the sound result.

I suppose you installed already the central Capristo exhaust bracket as Capristo is usually not installing their headers without their bracket.

PS : congrats for your new headers installation ;) Welcome to the club ;)

4. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    I have had both Tubi and Capristo on my 16M in the last couple of months so can hopefully give you a great insight. I'm away at the moment but come the weekend can gladly send you pics of the installations.

Tubi
    I had a Tubi made from Inconel fitted, this was a special production request, not as light as titanium but the preferred choice for F1. The exhaust dispenses with valve control, contrary to Stefs comment it is brilliantly constructed, looks superb in the car, runs nice and cool compared to standard to help CF life and is very very loud. It has a rubber bush and sliding bar mount so it does offer a better solution to standard for longevity of headers.

Capristo
    I have the Scuderia full system now fitted, again superb quality, mounting system with springs is excellent. I have the remote valve control which is great fun. Looks in the car are good but less successful than Tubi and it certainly runs hotter than Tubi, even with valves open.

For comparison, both sound stunning, Tubi is always very loud, Capristo gives you control of the volume, slightly louder than standard until you open the valves when it gets much louder. Both have a higher pitch than stock, Capristo being slightly higher. You mention titanium Tubi which I would think is higher pitch than the inconel version. The Tubi is louder than the Capristo even with valves open so it truly is loud! Tubi also gives stunning downshift blips at any revs, Capristo also does nice blips but not quite on the same level.

To sum up, both are great exhausts, both very well made, both improve mount system from stock to reduce stress, Tubi looks slightly nicer in engine bay, Tubi runs cooler, Capristo gives valve control and slightly higher pitch. Tubi is louder, and I mean louder. If loud is your thing then Tubi is the one.

I had Tubi for couple of weeks and kept spooking horses where I live so it had to be replaced before I caused an accident. You won't be unhappy with either.

5. DL997TT

DL997TT Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Daniel Leung
    Hi Russell,

Thanks for your details info. I really appreciate it. since I already have the Capristo headers installed, do you think it will make it even louder for either the Tubi or capristo exhausts?

Tks
    DL

6. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    Sorry Russell, I meant the manufacturing quality of the interior muffler parts. I agree with you that the different Tubi's are very nice to look at (I had a Tubi Evolution). But I've seen both mufflers completely dismanteled and the difference is night and day. If quality and durability/reliability is part of your decision, I would rather advise Capristo. Just another element to be part of your decision.

7. s14roller

s14roller Karting

May 3, 2008
    Lol...only a matter of time before you started modding it, Daniel ;-)

Jack

8. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Hi Stef, never looked inside so can't comment! Judging by the volume from the Tubi it must be one big empty echo chamber. LOL.

9. SfefVan

SfefVan Guest

Nov 28, 2008
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Stef
    LOL, yeah maybe :D

10. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Hi DL

Honest answer is I have no idea. I believe the Capristo headers make more difference to volume on a standard 430 because of the removal of precats, my understanding is that the stock Scud/16m header is a 4-2-1 system without precats as standard (same as Capristo but obviously different design). I think this is backed up by all Stefs dyno figures where he showed changing headers had far more effect on standard 430 compared to Scud/16M. As to sound, no idea, but I would suggest safe to say Tubi will be the louder solution of the two and much louder than stock muffler.

11. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #11 RichardCH, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
    I still wonder whether on a SCUD 16M the Capristo Twin Sound with Capristo headers would be acceptably louder with the valves closed than the Capristo Complete system. Russell/430 addict do you notice any seat of the pants improvement power wise with the Scuderia complete system ? The thing is the sound wise it doesnt appear to blow you both away which my 430 Spider with Capristo headers only does throughout the range with the valves open or closed ???

12. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    #12 RichardCH, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
    Is there a Vid of a SCUD/16M or modified F430 with Capristo headers and the SCUD Capristo Twin Sound anywhere ??