SF Motorsports | FerrariChat

SF Motorsports

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by da1235, Jan 28, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. da1235

da1235 Karting

Jun 21, 2009
    Wishing Italia
    Just had some service done on my 430 at SF Motorsports (www.sfmotorsports.com) - Couldn't have been a better experience! Great guys, superb service, all at a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

2. jd359

jd359 Formula Junior

Jul 28, 2004
    S.F. East Bay
    Full Name:
    J.D.
    Ditto, dropped off my car last week and John just completed a timing belt, camshaft/distributor oil seal replacement, a/c compressor seal replacement/recharge and coolant/gearbox/engine oil changes with time to spare for the Rally. They also threw in some detailing and the car looks and runs great. Doug and John kept me in the loop throughout. I just wished that I worked closer to the shop so I could have dropped in to see the car on the lift and the work in progress. It's also great that SF Motorsports are sponsors of the FOG Rally and John and Evan are driving down with us. Highly recommended, thanks!

3. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    I also agree....I purchased a car from Evan & Doug a few months ago and I could not be happier with the quality of service these gents provided.
    They stand behind their product 150% and always deliver.
    John Heim is also a class act. He performed the 15k mile service on my car and the work was outstanding. You can tell he really knows his stuff and super reliable.
    I recommend SF motor sport highly.

Thanks Evan, Doug & John.

k

4. MikeA

MikeA Karting

Nov 23, 2004
    Los Gatos
    Kind of confusing

Brad and Evan both worked at
    Ferrari of San Francisco (not in San Francisco)

Brad started San Francisco Sports Cars (also not in San Francisco)

Evan started San Francisco Motor Sports (also not in San Francisco)

Both SF Sports Cars and Evan, and SF Motor Sports and Brad, continue to get nice reviews.

I think I have this right.

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Definitely confusing, and I was confused! Deleted my post to reduce some of the confusion!

6. gavin

gavin Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Gavin
    I met Brad and Evan when they worked for ferrari of sf about 5 years ago and they were allways up front about the cars I was looking at. Didn't buy then but bought a 360 spyder about 5 months ago from Evan at sf motorsports and I am loving it and would buy from them agin. If you have to pay san francisco rents you have to charge alot more for your cars.

7. MikeA

MikeA Karting

Nov 23, 2004
    Los Gatos
    Geeze, I still got it wrong.

SF Sports Cars is Brad, and SF Motor Sports is Evan.

DOH!!!

8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Not only is SF Motorsports proudly and strongly supporting the FOG Rally (they are going along to fix cars in case problems arise), but they are simply the greatest bunch of guys you'd ever want to hang out with. I recently had a spider top issue (wouldn't go up). John had me bring the car by. Upon arrival, he dropped what he was doing, checked the microswitches (the most common culprit, btw) and overall operation, and had me back on the road in less than 30 min. Not only that, he took the time to provide me with some tips about spider top care and maintenance. Just super!

9. kouroshoo7

kouroshoo7 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2007
    Full Name:
    Kourosh
    JOHN IS THE BEST!

10. Biggmon

Biggmon Rookie

May 4, 2010
    San Francisco Bay
    Full Name:
    Darren
    Can't say enough about this place. Got my 360 serviced there yesterday. Great service, super nice people and an awsome place to visit.

I love when I get my car back and it is cleaner than before I dropped it off.

11. Vraiment

Vraiment F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Vraiment
    #11 Vraiment, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
    Ah, but, you almost got it right ...:)

"Both SF Sports Cars and Evan (Brad) and SF Motor Sports and Brad (Evan) ... "

You simply can't go wrong with these guys -- they are both first rate and full of integrity

12. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    I'm getting confuzzzzeed.

I like Brad [got me my first Ferrari and ALWAYS a help/gentleman to anyone] and like Evan's approach too.

BUT Who's on first [Brad I think] and Evan stole second?

I don't know! ....oh, he's pitching all this.

13. david1175

david1175 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    in the doghouse
    Full Name:
    David
    I hear they held a great track event @ Infineon last Monday;)

14. Silver Lusso

Silver Lusso Karting

Dec 5, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    James
    +1. had the starter rebuilt a few weeks ago, and have been able to turn off the car without cold sweats and prayers she'll fire back up again when I need her too. Great service, and great people. Cheers