Cars & Coffee 2 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee 2

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by B.Johnson, Sep 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smoky

Smoky Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2010
    Louisiana, USA
    Y'all too! We'll be in the Murci tomorrow. Come up and say Hi!

-Dave

2. Smoky

Smoky Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2010
    Louisiana, USA
    Was a great meet today! Glad we made it. Lots of cool cars today. Was this turnout bigger or smaller than the event in July? (was there another since?)

3. Smoky

Smoky Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2010
    Louisiana, USA
    Kerry your car is looking real good with the new front aero. I'm really impressed with how that install came out. Hey were those your boys with you today? I didn't get a chance to meet them. They seem like cool kids though.

The classis Ferraris today were beautiful too. As much as I am a Lambo guy, my wife is into Ferrari so you guys gotta keep coming out so she has plenty of red eye candy to enjoy.

Looking forward to the next one! Hopefully I'll be in my Italian suit next time, instead of the British jogging shorts.

4. gemlender

gemlender Karting

Nov 3, 2009
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Kerry Rainey
    Hey Smoky. Thanks, the new face lift turned out great. Yes, Two of my sons came with me today. Both of them like cars as much as I do. I was glad to see several people brought their kids today. It was a great turn out.
    I was glad to see you in the Noble today. Very nice car. Hope the Lambo is OK. Hope to talk more next time.

5. achenator

achenator Karting

Dec 23, 2009
    Abita Springs, La.
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Had a great turnout and fun was had by all!

6. B.Johnson

B.Johnson Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Brandon Johnson
    Great to see everyone again. gemlender loving the direction of the car! Great pics chip. We are looking at going to NOLA Motorsports park on Oct 22 to ride some karts. If anyone is interested.

I dont know about everyone else but I never have enough time to speak with everyone as much as I would like. We definitely need to arrange more thing like this. I will see about get a bit more organized with these things as well as consistent with maybe a pattern of locations.

7. Smoky

Smoky Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2010
    Louisiana, USA
    I agree. Here's my 0.02....

1- We need more local car clubs on-board. Eg. We need the Ferrari club, Corvette Club, BMW club, Porsche club, etc to make the C&C event a "Big Deal" to them.

2- We need a larger spot that is more automotive oriented, eg a large dealer lot (no food, but there can often be provided donuts, coffee, beverages, and facilities).

3- We need more local advertising to bring participans and spectators who may not be subscribed to these forums.

4- We need more photographers and video takers to make the event a "Big Deal" on youtube and on the forums.

5- We need to choose a regular weekend and period (eg first Sat of every month, or every quarter). We also should do these on Saturday instead of Sunday (so as not to discourage church goers).

I can help contribute to #1 and #4. I bet someone here has connections to make #2 happen. Perhaps a group of folks could pool resources to make #3 happen.

Who is "in charge"?

8. gemlender

gemlender Karting

Nov 3, 2009
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Kerry Rainey
    Sounds like your in charge Smoky....everybody in favor say "I" ...... Lol. Just kidding.
    I agree with everything you said. I will do my part in helping out. I especially like doing it on Saturdays.

9. B.Johnson

B.Johnson Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Brandon Johnson
    I have mentioned the fact of it being a monthly reoccurring event with the original starter of cars & coffee. At this point he is not in favor of having them monthly as he thinks that the rarity of it will make it a better event.

I particularly am in favor of monthly also def willing to pull a major load to make this happen.

10. NOLA911

NOLA911 Karting

Jun 9, 2009
    Mandeville, LA
    Full Name:
    Max

Do this and the rest is automatic.

The problem is people that do not hang out on one of 3 forums will have no idea this is happening. If it is regular, people will start making their schedules and meetings around it.

I appoint you smoky!

11. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

Nice pics. Why do these things always have to be at the asscrack of dawn?

12. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    9AM is the "asscrack of dawn"?

Like I recommended to you for the first one...

:p

13. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
    I'm in favor of the early Sunday time slot.

Just rotate the location around if possible. Maybe NO, Northshore, Gonzales.

14. Smoky

Smoky Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2010
    Louisiana, USA
    It's called "Cars & Coffee" :-b

Now, if we changed to "Cars & Burritos" or "Cars & Crawfish" then we could move it later but I think that might make us ineligible to be part of the national C&C "club". LOL

It's funny..I'm already hearing a few diverging opinions.

My thoughts (again...because I can't shut up) are that if we have a single location and a consistent schedule then that alone will help to encourage larger attendance with each event. Because people will just "know" it is happening and not necessarily need a forum post to remind them. And while I agree that at first a monthly meet may not seem to work well because of the small crowd we have now, having a monthly meet makes it easier to remember. But even if it is not monthly then it just needs to be consistent. Consistency will draw more crowds.

But we can still make forum posts and flyers to remind them. And we do that now. We just need to be more aggressive about it. I usually make it a point to advertise any and all event I am aware of on as many forums as I can (especially those with a Louisiana regional section).

Fleurobahn.com is slowly becoming the epicenter for Louisiana car enthusiast news. Even though it is a "Euro-centric" site, all are welcome because mostly it is a news and community site just for Louisiana. We can definitely leverage their site for dispersing news as well (because those folks hail from so many different forums themselves).

And of course we need to be open to our audience. At the larger C&C events I see Camaros sharing space with Mustangs sharing space with the Acura and Honda clubs, Lambos here, vintage there.... I'm not sure we're reaching out to the "younger" crowd and they are, after all, the future of this event (for better or worse! LOL).

Then it's all chain reaction. A large crowd will garner more attention and the cycle goes on.

I can:
    - Advertise on forums (once whomever is the official flyer maker delivers the flyer)
    - Be an appointed "photo/video journalist" but I am limited to my availability. It's tough for me to get to these sometimes. Of course, if it were monthly I'd have more chances too!
    - Call around to find a larger venue. But I have no real connections to anyone in that area. Someone else who is buddy-buddy with a business owner might have better luck.

15. cscott

cscott Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Chris Scott
    My .02:

Cars and coffee is about a regular (monthly?) gathering of gearheads that has a regular time and place. A chance to get your car out and meet up with other enthusiast of all makes. It does not need to be a huge gathering of cars from all over south La. functioning as a car show. I think that metro N.O. has enough cool cars to pull from and as it becomes a regualr occurrence, more people will come. That is not to say the car count will grow to a huge number, but a larger variety of people will attend as schedules allow. Show up, grab some coffee, and catch up with friends and meet new people.

16. ryan_qttro

ryan_qttro Karting

Jul 11, 2011
    Good place in Baton Rouge would be Coffee Call on College, they share a parking lot with Wal Mart

17. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank

18. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Just what you want, wal mart buggys rolling into cars.

19. NOLA911

NOLA911 Karting

Jun 9, 2009
    Mandeville, LA
    Full Name:
    Max

20. NOSZ06

NOSZ06 Rookie

Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry I don't post much on this site , however I would enjoy making a visit on Saturdays (church goer).

07 LP 640

21. B.Johnson

B.Johnson Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Brandon Johnson
    Hello and welcome to F-chat. Look forward to meeting you at a C&C event. Thanks for the input as well!!!

22. Kent A

Kent A Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Kent
    I agree Chris. I would like to see a monthly gathering at a set place preferably on the southshore.