Honda shopping... | FerrariChat

Honda shopping...

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Cavallino Aficionado, Oct 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Looking to buy very soon a new family-mobile, Honda Pilot. With all the dealers in our area, anyone have any favorites? Seems of all the people I know in the biz, none are Honda.

Thanks!

2. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    We bought a CR-V from Honda of Bellevue 4 years ago. Had it back in for service a couple of times. I would buy from them again.

3. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    You might want to check out Burien Honda. http://www.burienhonda.com/

Ask for Mark Minium, the general manager and tell him that I sent you.

Ask for the Ferrari Club special price! :)

4. M Baker

M Baker Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2010
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Otherwise, if you go 15 minutes north of Seattle, Honda autos is what I do for a living. Please call first if you want to come up as I wouldn't want to miss you. I know it is a drive but it's not too bad - my dad grew up in Enumclaw and we have relatives in your area. Oh, and you don't have to ask for a general manager who will pass you off to a salesperson - you can work directly with me. :<)

Whatever you do, do NOT get a new 2011, the 2012 is vastly improved (HD based Navi, stream bluetooth audio, quieter, better MPG, and on and on) and that is all we are getting now anyway. My wife bought a Touring model in June and I knew the 2012 would be improved, but her car died and she didn't want to wait until October/November for a 2012 Touring model. So both professionally and personally, I am very familiar with the new Honda Pilot.

FWIW Our dealership is rated #1 here:
    http://www.dealerrater.com/directory/Washington/Honda/

5. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #5 Cavallino Aficionado, Oct 8, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
    Hey Mark, are you with Lywood Honda?... "exerience the difference!"

edit: I also sent you a PM...

6. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I suppose one of my other questions is the thought of shopping down south. What sort of hoops, etc with buying a car in Oregon. I thought I recall using a broker and for a flat fee you would avoid the taxes. Maybe this is only for used vehicles... just tossing this out there.

7. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    If you register the vehicle in Washington, you'll have to pay the taxes; I wouldn't recommend a sham transaction.

8. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    The pricing alone I've been seeing in Oregon may be worth the roadtrip.

9. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    See what RTGT has to offer, call and ask for Greg.

Cheers!

10. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

Says the Judge! :D

11. M Baker

M Baker Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2010
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I've sold 1,400 cars in the last seven years at my dealership and I've seen and heard it all, but this one truth remains: All Honda dealers pay the same price for the cars in this region. So if some dealers have eye catching better prices, there is a catch, there is no magic to selling cars - it's business. New cars cost real money and a dealership has to make money to turn on the lights. So that price you see or are told, isn't necessarily the price you can drive the car away with. Or, there is more to the story of their "new" vehicle.

And yes as mentioned above, you will have to pay WA sales tax for a new or used motor vehicle once you register it in this state. With a several billion dollar deficit Olympia is keenly aware of Oregon's no sales tax. And if you cannot produce a receipt the state will figure out the sales tax and you may not like their calculation.

Honest and competitive businesses have always lost customers to other businesses that use tricks to deceive people. I'm in it for the long haul and prefer to treat customers equally - like I want to be treated. And I have many many happy customers - buying a car should be a joy, not warzone.

12. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Just giving friendly advice. ;)

13. Fresno Bob

Fresno Bob Rookie

Oct 7, 2007
    Edmonds, WA
    We bought our Pilot at Lynnwood Honda last year. Great experience, I would go back.

14. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    So what does everyone have to say about paying for destination charges (810) and delivery fees (150)? How about paying 1k for 3M already installed on a new car?

15. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    My experience is the destination charges and delivery fees are rarely negotiable. The dealer installed Stongard is just away to extract more profit from the sale...I try to avoid any dealer installed options. If the car you want has them, they are entirely negotiable...and you should. ;)

16. Grey_Gull

Grey_Gull Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2004
    What is the level of the 3M package the dealer is offering and what is their warranty on the work? On a SUV you would want the hood, front fenders, front bumper, wing mirrors, headlights/fog lights, door edges and door cups/rear hatch done as a complete package.

If you want to save a good amount you can purchase your car, have the folks doing the 3M either come down to the dealership to do it or have them pick it up prior to you taking delivery. This saves you the hassle of scheduling the time to do so. Call any dealership service dept. and ask them who they recommend.

17. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    It is finished, went well. Dealer obviously knew I did my homework and I laid it all out in front of them. I gave them one shot and said I'm buying a car by this weekend. No deal and I'm off to Lynwood. They made the adjustments just like I wanted and positioned them within our trade to reduce the taxable value. Hit my number almost spot on.

As far as the 3M, I told them I don't want a car that has it on it but will be having it installed myself (I tried Blake). I'd rather have NWAS apply a better product for less than thier inflated sticker. They choked on having to wait for new inventory and pretty much tossed the 3M in. I joked that it was an 80's Scotchguard upsell and they should just consider the money spent on it as marketing funds...

Anyway, looking forward to sitting in drivers seat in the garage tonight with a beer or two reading my tech manuals. Thank for the input and PM's guys!

18. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
  19. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #19 Cavallino Aficionado, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. NWAutoSalon

NWAutoSalon Rookie

Oct 7, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Blake Siebe
  21. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    #21 Cavallino Aficionado, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
    I was planning to come up and see you Blake for the clear bra app but they made the numbers work with what they had in inventory. Thanks for fielding my call... Now what do you recommend I place on the seat to protect the leather from my son's car seat. I have some seat pads but they are more for spills than protecting the leather, thoughts?

edit: Also having thoughts of pulling the front plate.

22. NWAutoSalon

NWAutoSalon Rookie

Oct 7, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Blake Siebe
    Give me a call and lets brainstorm. I have a couple things in mind. Obviously I know what youre referring to with the imprints on the leather seats from childseats.