Fabspeed F430 Headers | FerrariChat

Fabspeed F430 Headers

Discussion in '360/430' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Oct 26, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #1 Fabspeed Motorsport, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Everyone,

We have been selling a lot of F430 headers lately... Thank you to those of have purchased our products! I wanted to make a quick post to make sure everyone is aware of our high quality replacement headers that are available for the F430. As many of you may know and/or have found out the hard way, the factory Ferrari headers do not have great longevity statistics. Our headers are very strong and carry a lifetime warranty.

In addition to a being an option for replacing your broken headers, our main purpose of creating them was to increase performance. The Fabspeed headers do not have the power robbing precats in the collector, but will still pass emissions tests (assuming you still have primary cats installed). These headers are available with ceramic coating inside and out ($400 for silver; $450 for black). We include composite gaskets and copper nuts. We do not include the donut gaskets. If you do not want to reuse your donut gasket, please order them from your Ferrari dealer or other board sponsor.

Details:

-Dyno proven power increase (graph below): 23 hp and 48 ft/lb @ 3800 RPM
    27 hp and 17 ft/lb @ 7500 RPM

-Fabspeed sport headers save 10.6lbs/4.8kg over the stock manifolds

-T304L stainless steel headers direct replacement for factory failure prone headers

-No pre-cat in the collector

-F1 Indy car style high velocity merge collectors for maximum flow and scavenging

-1 piece C.N.C. mandrel bent primary tubes that wont leak or fail

- Fabspeed was first to develop headers for the 430 Scuderia as well. Please inquire about 355, 360 and 458 headers too.

Please PM or email me directly if you have any questions about any of our products or if you would like to place an order. I will be offering a special price to those of you who are interested in purchasing. Thanks!

http://www.fabspeed.com/ferrari_F430.html

Also, please "like" us on our new Facebook page. We will be uploading many pictures and videos in the coming weeks and months.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fabspeed-Motorsport/112917185464552

Jeff

[email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. trainwrex

trainwrex Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    Would you mind stating the cost of the headers to suit 360? Also do they make more power and torque than other brands such as kesing and capristo??

3. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    The cost of our 360 headers is $2995. If you are looking to purchase a set, send me a PM and I will offer you an Fchat discount. We saw an increase of 16 whp and 10 lbs/ft of torque. I am not familiar with the Kreisseg gains and I don't think Capristo makes a 360 header. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Jeff

4. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    The auld LOL is somewhhat over-used but I must admit I LOL'd just now! :D

5. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Everyone's yakking about capristo's 4-2-1 design. What's fabspeed's rationale behind sticking to a 4-1 design?

6. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    LOL, funny! :)

7. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Yes, I have also read many articles and threads related to the 4-2-1 vs 4-1 design. While some seem to think that the 4-2-1 is preferred, I think the actual difference between the two is very small. I would guess the 4-2-1 may have have an extra hp or two in the lower revs, the 4-1 will probably have the advantage in the higher revs. However, the real advantage of either design is the removal of the precats and the addition of a high-flow merge collector.

Fabspeed was one of the first (if not the first) company to bring aftermarket headers to market for the F430. Using Ferrari's 4-1 initial design as a template made the most sense. Furthermore, the 4-1 design is clearly easier to make and therefore has fewer welds that could fail. It also allows us to sell them at a lower cost. The Capristo headers seem to be a well made product, although I have never seen them in person. It would be fun to dyno both headers on the same car to see if there is any difference.

Please let me know if you ahve any other questions. Thanks!

Jeff

8. [R]

[R] Karting

Jul 10, 2011
    pm me for 430 spyder headers

9. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    PM sent

10. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    #10 cf355, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
    Hey Jeff,

Very cool, can you post additional photos of the build process?

What is the HP / Torque increase on the 355 (2.7 ) model?

11. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    Fabspeed Motorsports USA designs, dyno develops, and lastly street and race track tests all our headers. On many Ferrari cars we designed and tested several types of headers for 355, 360, 430, and 458 cars. There are many critical factorys in designing a quality race type header for a Ferrari or any exotic car. #1 header primary size #2 header primary length, #3 collector length and choke , #4 outlet collector pipe size and length, #5 material and welding.

Fabspeed always Dyno develops severainterations manipulating all of the above header criteria in order to produce the best power and sports car sound. It is a science but we have combined experince of over 120 years in house at Fabspeed. In our experience significant power was found with our 4 into 1 design versus 4 into 2 into 1.

Fabspeed Motorsports uses a UNISONLTD.com CNC mandrel bender. UNISON supplies mandrel benders to BOEING, Grumman Aerospace, EADS and many other aerospace companies. Fabspeed USA has defense contractor quality 1d all electric mandrel bending machine cell automated with SWISS software and a 7 axis ROMER arm from Hexagon Metrology. Our FLOW 5 axis waterjet machine center and other equipment are also state of the art and utilized by our staff of engineers and craftsmen to design, test and manufacture the worlds finest Exotic Car performance parts.

Have a great weekend!

12. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    I did a little reading and can partially answer my own question......
    the HP increase at the rear wheel on a 355 is 17 hp (at the crank 19.55 hp)

Impressive.

13. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW THE POST BY SfefVan before it was removed by the mods and he is now banned?????

14. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    No

15. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    ^ no I didn't see it, but I'm guessing it was to say that Fabspeed headers were made in china.. That was the vibe I was getting the whole time, he kept his questions going in that direction.

16. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Can someone fill us in on what he said?

17. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't understand why two posters here LOL'd at the question by Jeff@fabspeed asking if sfefvan wanted to switch from his Capristo?

18. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Because it was funny.

19. Brandi

Brandi Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Milano, Italy
    Why?!?

20. Brandi

Brandi Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Milano, Italy
    #20 Brandi, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
    If this is true (i mean that the headers are actually made in Taiwan), that's a further reason to keep this guy around and not to ban him..

Nothing wrong with a taiwanese product but, imho, it's best to know what you're actually buying..

21. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #21 FerrariDublin, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2011
    And who are you with one post to your name Mrs Mish? Where is your credibility?

22. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Sfefvan has always been a strong supporter of Capristo, and his leading questions 'could' have been interpreted as wanting to change over and "bat for the other team."

Mike

23. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
  24. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #24 FerrariDublin, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
    Wow, as in it's amazing how far some people will go to seek to be judge and jury in a kangaroo court?

Or wow, an American manufacturer actually imports some unknown exhaust-header-related parts from a third party? (In 2005!)?

25. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    "Wow" as in another banned user, and additional posts deleted that show nothing but shipping information which was public record.