Boot / Trunk Hinge | FerrariChat

Boot / Trunk Hinge

Discussion in '206/246' started by JonathanHopper, Oct 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JonathanHopper

Oct 22, 2007
    Can anyone send me photos of the rear boot/trunk lid hinge fittings, with the cover open?

If you have ever been caught in the rain, have you had rain water entering between the engine cover and the luggage cover?

Many thanks

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

If we're talking about the hinges that hold the rear trunk in place, on the left and right, it's not adjustable. It's welded into place. Fine tuning is done with the rubber bump stops on the rear of the trunk. I've never messed with the oned for the center section (engine cover) but I can certainly take a look.

Do you have water in the engine compartment, or the trunk itself? Of perhaps on the rear shelf in front of the rear window.

And good luck getting anyone to confess to having theirs out in the rain!!!

If you tell me what you're lookin' for, and what the problem is, I'll post some pix,

dave

3. John Corbani

John Corbani Formula 3
    Honorary Owner

May 5, 2005
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    John Corbani
    #3 John Corbani, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are a few pictures with notes. '72 GT, USA version. Car is very dry. But all seals must be in place and properly adjusted. I drive in the rain and trunk stays dry. Lid can be adjusted to a limited extent by loosening flat head screws slightly and pushing. Then tighten when happy. Use a screwdriver bit on a 1/4" ratchet. You need some oomph. And LocTite is a good idea. Make sure that the drains are actually clear and test water goes through firewall and out. Good luck.
    John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. JonathanHopper

Oct 22, 2007
    Can anyone provide some dimensions for the Trunk hinge - I want to reproduce them for use on a Deon replica - I will have to make them to fit, but would be good to have the lengths of the 6 bars (pivot hole distances) that make the hinge, the thickness and width of the bars...

I have good plan photos of trunk hinges, just need to be able to calibrate to the correct size...

Many thanks.
    Jon