Convert PDF to Word Doc? | FerrariChat

Convert PDF to Word Doc?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Cavallino Aficionado, Oct 17, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    This has been sought out in the past but what is the best program out there today? I downloaded a free trial of Wondershare PDF converter pro but it doesn't seem to do a great job? Thanks guys!!

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Believe it or not, that's a pretty difficult conversion. It also depends somewhat on what you want to do - Check out this thread for some ideas;

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=335835

Not a conversion to Word, but a couple of the suggestions there may be enough.

If not, Acrobat (the full version, not the reader) *claims* to be able to (almost!) do it - Comments here; http://acrobatusers.com/blogs/duffjohnson/converting-pdf-word-understanding-problem

However, your best bet is probably to contact the author and ask to get it in Word format.

Cheers,
    Ian

3. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    It depends on how the PDS was created (scanned vs converted).

If it was scanned, you should be able to run an OCR on it, then save to Word.

If it is a digital PDF (converted from another file type), you should be able to "save as" word file from acrobat pro.

Ernesto

4. mirak

mirak Rookie

Nov 3, 2011
    Just for your info: New Windows Office versions make it possible to safe the word files into pdfs in one step. I think this is very comfy and you don't need to install more programs on your computer (I hate it that I need so many programs, it gets confusing after a while). I'm glad Windows did that.

5. powerpig

powerpig F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 12, 2008
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    That's a good feature, but I think he wants to go the other way.

6. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I bought a program called "PDF to Word" at Office Depot. Works great most
    of the time - but of course, not all formatting that's possible in Acrobat have
    an equivalent in Word - so sometimes the conversion looks funky and needs
    to be worked on to get it right.

I've since purchased Acrobat (well, it came installed on my Macbook) so now
    I can open anything. Acrobat does have a "save as Word file" option as well.

Jedi

7. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Is it now bundled on new Macs as standard?

Unless it was a BTO option (?) that surprises me a little - That suckers "expensive" and wasn't included on any of mine. Having said that, mine are now so old I can't upgrade to Lion [One G4 and a Core Duo :eek:]

Cheers,
    Ian