Bob Curtis-Rest in Peace | FerrariChat

Bob Curtis-Rest in Peace

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Oct 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    It is with great sadness to learn today of Bob Curtis's passing. Words cannot describe the hole it leaves in your heart when someone special like Bob is gone. The best words I have ever heard about this is "The sadness now is because of the happiness then". Bob made us happy, and those that knew him, understand that and will miss him. GodSpeed Bob...

2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Well this is a fine thing to wake up to..... :( :(

Is there going to be a service? We should at least have a rally. He would like that.

3. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    I never met Bob but do remember these unforgettable pictures. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

4. rbf41000

rbf41000 Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Bob was a gentelman and friend, He will be missed RIP

5. Jay

Jay Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Very sad news. It was an honor to know Bob and to spend time with him and Nancy at his famous BBQ's and F1 gatherings.

RIP.

6. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Honored to have spent time with Bob it was a pleasure being around him. Sorry to hear of his passing he will be missed.

7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I never had the pleasure of meeting him. The many good things I have heard make me sure he will be missed. My condolences.

8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

This is very sad to hear . He was a gentleman. R.I.P.
    Please let us know of the details for the service. I would be honored to participate in a caravan in Bob's honor.

9. juliei

juliei Formula Junior
    Owner

Apr 5, 2009
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Julie I.
    Bob loved people and was such a gentleman and caring host. He was a friend of my late husband's and he helped me and my son quite a bit with a business matter recently. He was very knowledgeable and extremely intelligent. He always made you feel welcome and important. He never complained when most people would have under his circumstances. My condolences go out to Nancy and his family.

10. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    #11 richard, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. BrianC

BrianC Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    North Augusta, SC
    Full Name:
    Brian C
    #12 BrianC, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I'm honored to have known Bob for the past few years. He was a friend and a true enthusiast of many things... not just Ferraris.

I dug through some archived photos and included here a few shots from a trip Bob and I took to the 50th running of the Daytona 500 in 2008 (a bucket list item for Bob) as well as a couple shots of his beautiful ride and wonderful dog from Daniel Pass' 2006 Burmuda Run event.

He will be missed by all who knew him, but we will look forward to continuing the traditions that made Bob happy!

- Brian C
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i saw the yellow mini driving down jetton rd yesterday and waived expecing to see bob riding shotgun. sad moment seeing bob's wife riding solo. as of sept. 4th, my mother too rides solo so i feel for bob's wife.

as many know, these coming holidays can be very hard on families having recently lost loved ones. houses feel too large, too quiet and too empty.

pcb

13. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Karting

Mar 23, 2005
    Raleigh, NC - USA
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I remember him from a get-together and 321 run about 5 years ago at Doc's - he was a pleasure to speak with.

Our sincerest condolences to his wife and family...

14. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
  15. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    RIP Bob, it was a pleasure knowing you.

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    R.I.P.

Condolences to his family and to all of you.....

17. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    I didn't know him personally, but did have the pleasure of meeting him in 2007. He generously gave me a memorable ride in "Rubino" on the Blue Ridge Pkwy. during a driving event. Think about how many people would, on the fly, meet someone and be kind enough to offer their passenger seat for an experience like that. A gentleman and enthusiast of the first order.