7th annual DFW Toy Run | FerrariChat

7th annual DFW Toy Run

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WDR328, Nov 7, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Carolyn and I have been doing some planning on the Toy Run. Hopefully by the end of this week we will have in place the start location and the finishing location for this years toy run.
    The run will be held on Saturday the 10th of December. As usual we will have a run of about 60+ miles to a drop location-which shall remain undisclosed until the 10th-drop off the toys and then head to a restaurant for a bit of back patting and probably a libation or two.

In the following weeks I will have additional information as to what type of ages we need to target for the toys, if there are any special needs toys, etc.

You guys are always great to show up and support this event. Last year we had 96 cars participate and it would be nice to have a few more this year. One thing however, please look at your calendar and verify you are available to do this on the 10th of December, if not please do not sign up. If you do sign up and cannot make it please notify me of that situation. A couple of years ago many people said they would be there and did not show-the problem was that I had maps printed for them and that $100.+ dollars that became scrap paper could have gone to buying new toys.

Also we will have a dual contribution-the toys will go to our selected charity and any money will go to the Collin County Children's Advocate. Make sure that the toys that you bring are unwrapped. Thanks for your interest and participation in this event the children really appreciate your generosity.

2. jeffb99tx

jeffb99tx Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    This is great news. The Toy Run is always one of the highlights of my Christmas season. I have posted the date on the Alfa Bulliten Board under the Lone Star Chapter page. I also let my friend with his Viper know about the date.

Big thanks to you two for planning this.

Regards,

Jeff
    Dallas, Texas
    Alfa 164 LS

3. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    Thanks Jeff, I appreciate it.

4. TX907

TX907 Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2005
    Keller, TX
    Full Name:
    Garrick
    I have the date saved so I will be there. I will send out an email to the ICCS and post on Facebook.

5. MAXIMUM810

MAXIMUM810 Karting

Oct 25, 2004
    Date is saved, count me in Don! I'll wrangle up a few others.

6. BB84

BB84 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2010
    Date saved as well. Such a great event. Thank you for setting this up again!

7. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Great news, Don. We were just discussing the lack of any news about this year's run, at Sunday's MML gathering. Looks like a few new "Runners" may join, just from what I was hearing at our meager gtg.
    I'll check my calendar, too.

8. 4M son

4M son Karting

May 12, 2009
    corinth, texas
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Any age limit to drive this year because i wanna drive so bad
    and its a great event as always!!

9. Rennsport

Rennsport Karting

Nov 24, 2009
    D/FW(LAKEWOOD)
    Full Name:
    RICHARD SCHALIJ
    #9 Rennsport, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
    Thanks. Looking forward to it, as are several others I know: Alpine Weiss M6, Lightning Blue 9-3 Viggen, etc.

R.S.
    Alpine Weiss E92 328i Sport

10. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    You can count on me, I'm always willing to help out for a worthy cause.

11. Ffinally

Ffinally Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I'll definitely be there.

Any chance we'll get a repeat of Mike Luongo's Ducati ride with multiple toys hanging off the side (and surviving a dash at somewhat windy speeds)?

12. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    We will have to contact Mr. Luongo about that trick but he might be accommodating as it is a good cause.

13. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    I hope to have additional information about the toy run after this weekend. I am waiting for a response from the recipients in respect to a couple of items. Then I will post some info about the run and the start location. Just trying to get a few matters ironed out.

Thanks to all of you that have expressed an early interest. I overheard a participant say I have $100.00 and I am off to the toy store. Now that is the attitude I like!

14. westrock

westrock Rookie

Dec 11, 2007
    Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    David
    #14 westrock, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for heads up. This is also one of the highlights of my year. This will be my 5th one.

David
    Lotus Exige

Its like cars and coffee, but more involving and with 100% less Plano tax collectors in attendance (and i think you know what i mean by tax collector :) )
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Licht

Licht Karting

Aug 2, 2009
    LA
    I'm in as well. Will be my 2nd year doing this in the Stradale. Give us a list and let's make a lot of kids happy!

16. DNJS328

DNJS328 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 25, 2011
    Arlington, TX
    Full Name:
    Don P.
    Add one more to the list. We will be there with a couple of toys for the kids. We'll try to avoid any local revenue generators. That "donation" would be better placed where really needed.

17. kemist

kemist Rookie

Dec 5, 2009
    Arlington, TX
    Full Name:
    Bob Pearce
    Add at least one. I will forward a confirmed number from SSR Fanatics Club Dec. 2. We really enjoy this event!

18. lee2375

lee2375 Rookie

Dec 9, 2007
    Dallas TX
    I'd like to join as well!

19. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Maybe next year I'll be able to go along. I need to start getting a bit more involved with the DFW FChat group.

20. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Last time I did the run was '06 and had a good time.

My car needs new tires and a trip to the shop for some hopefully minor issues. If I can come up with the dough and get it done, I'd like to go again.

21. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    I am sorry for the silence on my part but I have been trying to connect with the person that will head up the collection. We finally got to talk today and things are moving along quite nicely.
    Carolyn and I will finish up the road circuit route next weekend and then start scouting for a restaurant in the immediate locality. I will have some additional info on the route-distance, time etc. after we finish splicing some roads together. As usual we will be on a 4 lane for a while until we can get out of the Dallas area. In addition we will be on a couple of roads we have been on before but Carolyn and I have figured out a way to vary the direction and reverse travel one of the roads. So in spite of the fact we have done maybe one or two of the routes before we will be doing them from an opposite direction so it gives the appearance of a new route. You have to understand that there are just so many roads that go north and south and east and west that are interesting in this area. But we have constructed a route that has elevation (yes elevation in this area), some nice views for you that want to enjoy a leisurely drive and some twisties for those of you who want to exercise the suspension on your vehicle.
    Monday I will announce the start location so you guys can make your plans to attend. Again thanks to all of you for your interest, participation and support of this endeavor.

22. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    date is saved.

23. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    #23 WDR328, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Carolyn and I went out and ran part of the route this weekend and it is pretty good. There is some road lane sluffing-effects of the draught-and you will have to watch out about that. We found this really great piece of road and then something else you will have to watch out about:(

24. kba

kba Rookie

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston
    I really like the 1st pic
    I really don't like the 2nd pic haha

25. glenv6

glenv6 Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Did the officer pull you over to thank you for bringing your car out Don? ;)