Cars & Croissants: Chatham, NJ: Sunday, Nov 20 | FerrariChat

Cars & Croissants: Chatham, NJ: Sunday, Nov 20

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by abster, Nov 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abster

abster Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    NJ
    All,

I hope you are enjoying the fall! We are having another CnC on Sunday to get our helpings of croissants with a side of motor oil.

To keep things interesting, we are inviting everyone to sport their wackiest hats on Sunday!

-abi & Kirk

The details:
    Location: Parking lot of the Woodland Bakery, 650 Shunpike Road, Chatham, NJ 07928
    A few requests:
    1) Please do not park in the first row of parking spaces on the right as you enter the parking lot.
    2) Please obey all posted parking signs and, especially, leave any handicapped spots open for those who may need them.
    3) Please do not lay down any rubber when leaving the parking lot!
    Time: 8:30 - 11:00AM

The link for the C&C Yahoo Groups Page: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/candcnj/
    The dates are listed below for 2011 are listed below.
    • Sunday, November 20, 2011
    • Saturday, December 03, 2011
    • Sunday, December 18, 2011
    If you haven’t signed up for the C&C groups, please send an email to [email protected] to become a member.
    You can post messages by sending emails to [email protected].

2. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Looks like the weather will be nice- see everyone there!

-Andrew

3. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    I will be there as well. Hoping for a good turnout and great weather.

4. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    See you there

5. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Best turnout ever.

6. slavik

slavik Karting

Jun 1, 2008
    NYC, DEN
    Full Name:
    Slavik
    #10 slavik, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    wow definitely a great turn out. I swear one of these day's I'll make it out to one of these.

8. mtesh73

mtesh73 Rookie

Oct 8, 2011
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael T
    lots of great cars.

9. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Awesome day! When I pulled in there were people eating breakfast in the VW camper- should have taken a photo... Lots of great cars and wonderful variety- too bad the winter is coming soon.

Clyde- love your new 355! Other cars I saw for the first time were the Bertone coupe (Dino powered), BMW Bavaria, Mustang GT500 (the original version), and the big Plymouth. I was glad to see Lee's 289 Cobra back in action!

10. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    #14 andrew911, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
    You have to get out- the variety of cars that show up can't be duplicated at a regular car show:

Newer super Ferraris (Enzo, 16M, 599 GTO), classic Ferraris (250 SWB, 330GTs, Dinos), Newer lamborghinis (Gallardo and Murcis), classic Lambos (Muira), original 289 Cobra, 356 Speedster (raced by Lake Underwood Sr, and now a grocery getter for Lake Jr :) ), Porsche 959(!), well restored vintage Alfas, 6.6 trans ams, army jeep, lots of porsches, ferraris and americon iron, the list goes on and on- and these are cars that regularly show up! The surprises include a Stanley Steamer, Messerschmitt, and sometimes factory reps show with things like the new gullwing Mercedes and Lexus LFA.

The only cars I have yet to see show up include a Bugatti, Maybach (even though looks like an S class I'd love to see one up close), and Delorean.

Set your alarm clock and roll over! ;)

11. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    We've had a Delorean show up, but can't say I've seen a Mayback or Bug there.
    I"m partial to the early 19xx cars myself. No maf sensors on a 1914 Ford. How the heck does it run? ;)

12. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    That's some turnout! I too will make it one day...

13. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Well, they do get it to run somehow. What I want to know is once it's running, how people manage to then go and drive it? It doesn't have bluetooth, seat warmers or mirrors for adjusting makeup and/or shaving while driving much slower than normal traffic in the fast lane of a highway! Life was so tough back in those days....guess that's why both the men and women had more wiskers on their faces :)

14. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    By the way, is the owner of the Shelby GT500 on here (or does anyone know the owner)? I was curious as to why the "H" in the SHELBY on the nose was higher....you can actually make it out in Clyde's picture above. I'm curious if it came that way from the factory, or if the car was repainted and it wasn't positioned correctly...if from the factory I'd leave it right where it is!

15. EricImports69

EricImports69 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    North NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    is there a meet this saturday?

16. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    From the dates I have the next one says Saturday dec 3rd and then the last one on Sunday dec 18th.

17. abster

abster Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    NJ
    You are correct. We will try to go past the 18th if the weather cooperates and there is no salt on the roads.

18. gtbfever

gtbfever Rookie

Jul 4, 2007
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Scott
    How bout' some pic's of those classic bikes!! looks like one behind that Ferrari 360 with the plate in the window.......? or any bikes for that matter!!!