Mexico GP Carlos Slim Article | FerrariChat

Mexico GP Carlos Slim Article

Discussion in 'F1' started by RP, Dec 1, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Sounds like its easier for him to do a street circuit and not eat the loser Austin is becoming. He is steering clear and making more in the process. Too bad but if he was going to save Austin it would have been done sometime ago.

3. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Knowing Guadalajara I could not imagine where they would put a street circuit in the city. It would probably make more sense to see a new facility being built.

Slim Sr. could write the check but he's very frugal and staging an F1 race is almost always a loosing proposition for the promoters. In any case it would be great to see the Mexican GP return.

4. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    I am in Chihuahua, how about a street circuit here? Virtually any of the local drug dealers could fund the event.

5. madmaxatl

madmaxatl Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2007
    Buckhead, Palo Alto
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    He didn't make billions of dollars by funding inherently losing propositions.

6. kppolo

kppolo Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    I am all in favor of the Sinaloa Cartel GP de Mexico! It wil almost certainly be better than the Austin event plus it has a nice ring to it. "Sinaloa Cartel Gran Prix de Mexico", it is smooth and refreshing like the Winston Cup used to be.

7. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    You bet they could and they are for sure into expensive cars :)

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    A GP next to the ocean would be fantastic. Cancun GP anyone? ;)