Window tinting | FerrariChat

Window tinting

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by darkalley, Nov 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Can anyone reccomend a window tinting place within 30 minutes of parsippany? Also any reccomendations on film? I am looking for a "smoked look vs a full tint. Jim

2. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    I"ve used tropic window tint in union with great results in the past.

3. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    They did my sons Escalade and the results were impressive. Not a bubble in sight.

4. Inno68

Inno68 Karting

May 20, 2007
    Astoria NY
    Full Name:
    Innocenzo Ciorra
    I Would recommend the 3M tint if you have that option , It blocks out 99% UV rays and since my car is triple black it helps keep most of the heat from entering the car on a sunny day . A bit more expensive (App 800 Dollars) I have 4 windows and rear on my CLK , One of the selling points where that it won't discolor over time like turn purple / blue .

The UV protection does work since Picking up my G/F with her new glasses was wondering why her transitions weren't working inside the car , Then worked when she stepped out so that was enough proof for me and it was done unknowingly .

I have nothing to do with the Company 3m or the installers , Just a customer who had it done and giving a quick review .

I can recommend Detailing Dynamics in Mineola LI . Might be too far for you .

5. Boosted930

Boosted930 Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rob Gordon
    Another vote for Tropic Window Tinting in Union. They've been around for a long time. They do tons of high end cars and exotics. I've taken many of my exotics there over the past 10 years or so. Always a perfect job - and I am picky. They also do a lot of commercial work, residential glass etc. You can choose your film when you're there (they work with several different brands and have a display which illustrates the shades -or- tint percentage of allowable light penetration etc.) You'll be glad you made the trip... :)

6. FerrariFixedOps

Jan 11, 2010
    Full Name:
    Peter J Vaccaro
    We use Clear Image Inc. for window tinting as well as film. Does wonderful work at a very fair price.

Clear Image Inc.
    6-05 Saddle River Road 170
    Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
    973-207-7000

7. greg458

greg458 Rookie

Nov 20, 2011
    NJ and Fla
    Are there any down in Monmouth County area?

8. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thansk guys. I am staying with friends in short hills so Union is perfect.

9. Boosted930

Boosted930 Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rob Gordon
    How did you make out?

10. doctorj!

doctorj! Formula 3

Aug 3, 2010
    Jersey
    Full Name:
    AJ
    How much tinting is legal to have without worrying about a ticket?

11. Boosted930

Boosted930 Karting

Apr 9, 2004
    Morristown, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rob Gordon
    Well, the short answer is... anything on the front windows (in front of B-pillars) is techinically prohibited in NJ per statute 39:3-75 of MV Code.

Certainly 30% will draw less fire than say.. 5%. If it's on a Ferrari or another Exotic, you've got a much better chance than the 17 year old in the Honda with the coffee can...

It's an equipment violation which does not involve points, as a moving violation would.. Most of my cars have tint and I don't believe I've ever received a summons. Maybe I'm just very lucky or I don't drive my cars enough...

12. rpps

rpps Formula 3

Aug 20, 2005
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Richard
    To Rob's point, I have 35% on the sides of my daily and I have yet to have any problems. I think NJ has become much less strict in recent years re: front window tints.

13. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Depends on the tint level - I had 5% on my Mercedes all around and I would get pulled over constantly.

Erik