599 successor | FerrariChat

599 successor

Discussion in '612/599' started by dreamcatcher, Dec 13, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Switzerland
  2. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Is it the real car for sure ? not a P-shop rendering ? Only Peter Mann can answer since he saw the car ...

3. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Those are some words not often seen together.

5. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Nice Photoshop work - it looks credible as a Ferrari design.

6. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

I thought we already had the FF.

7. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    A friend who has seen the car said the pics very close - but the car has more of a wow factor than the pic conveys.

I thought Ferrari was moving the 599 from the GT to the sportscar category? Doesn't look like it to me.

8. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    So it's not just a photoshop?

If it's real, it looks good. I would've hoped it would be smaller, losing some of the bulk of the current 599/612. Hard to tell from that image.

9. AlexGR

AlexGR Rookie

Oct 31, 2011
    Well there have already been reports that the car looks a bit FFish so the rendering could be close to reality, but i guess it will be better than that rendering (which i dont find that bad)

10. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Didn't we have reports that the 599 replacement looks similar to the Alfa 8C? While I like this photoshop rendering, it doesn't look very much like the Alfa.

11. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Close... But what the picture dose NOT show - unless you look very closely is how the hood is designed and where the air flows to (or rather through)

The back is also quite different....

Car is smaller than a 599, so don't let the FF styled nose mislead

12. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I like it, but I like the FF too.

I see that now. Does the air and/or heat exit thru the side scallops or are those not open at the forward edge?

13. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #13 4re Nut, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    http://www.alvolante.it/news/ferrari_f152_erede_599-571321044

Translation courtesy of Google:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Thanks peter ! too bad you're not a police draftsman so you can draw us a "Facial composite" of the car ahahah

Anyway, I hope the car is not that smaller than the GTB. I like the fact that the 599 is a big car.

15. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    It was confirmed to me by someone who has seen the car that it is indeed smaller than the 599. I for one welcome that as I find my GTO really big - the 8C for me has better size/proportions - which is where I think the comparisons are coming from.

If Ferrari is pitching this as a 12 cylinder sports car unlike the 599 which was a GT, then it doesn't need the interior space and boot space of a GT car. The FF and Cali occupy the GT range.

16. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    I like it, hopefully similar to what the final car will look like.

17. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    I disagree. I love the 599 to pieces but I do wish it was smaller at times.
    Have you driven a 599? In what what way do you enjoy its dimensions? Do you enjoy struggling with the car's width in tight parking lots or narrow roads?
    The 8C, on the other hand, is perfectly sized IMO.

18. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Thé reference to the 8C is more to do with the back end treatment / rear window....

The car is more aggressive than the composite photo suggests.

19. M-individual

M-individual F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2007
    GTO, 458C, GT3RS
    That sounds promising. Aggressive, 8C styling elements and a touch smaller than the current 599. I like the styling of the nose on the p shop by the way.

20. jhietter

jhietter Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    John
    #20 jhietter, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
    This rendering looks great! Ferrari designs are getting more aggressive and I like it. A mean look is fitting to cars with such extreme performance.

21. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I've not driven one. What you say is true, but Parking lot and narrow roads are not the kind of places where any Ferrari enjoys to stay....

Once I saw a 599 in Paris. A was standing in front of it and that thing looked so massive, I was fascinated.

22. spyke

spyke Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2011
    Place To Be
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I never thought, 599 was that big. I think 458 is having more width and length compared to 599.

23. speed racer

speed racer Formula 3

Feb 16, 2008
    Burr Ridge IL.
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I'm obviously in the minority. But all I'm seeing is pieces of a Cali hood, FF rear and a 458 front end and bumper assembly all mixed together. Nothing original in styling except the hint of an 8C around the edges. It will however be slightly smaller ,lighter and more HP. All good things. Just not seeing what everybody else is seeing in the styling dept.

24. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    Yes...but some of us like to enjoy our cars in a variety of scenarios. Those who actually USE their cars (at least in Europe) will inevitably find themselves having to negotiate narrow roads and car parks at some point or another.

After roughly 37K miles in 2.5 years with the 599 I can promise you that the size can, at times, be an issue.

When on trips to far-away cities I do, at times, need to park the car (not too surprisingly). With the 599, I often leave the car on the road momentarily in order to then walk down the underground car park to make sure that the car can fit inside. More often than not, the 599 is simply too large for entering/exiting car parks comfortably. This may seem like a trivial issue but, believe me, that it isn't for those that actually use these cars like...well..cars! Not everyone uses their Ferraris merely for the occasional Sunday morning drive. The 599 is a wonderful machine and its a joy to take it on distant journeys or even to run simple errands. Its a wonderful daily driver really. It makes every trip an event.

Going back to Sunday drives...take the Col de Turini for example. I loved that road on a Sunday morning with the 911s. The 599, on the other hand, simply feels too large to have fun there. Of course, there are many other wonderful roads where the 599 feels perfectly at home and is a pure joy to drive. All I am trying to say is that here in Europe the 599 can feel a little large at times and I think that it would be a very good move for Ferrari to make the replacement somewhat smaller.

This, of course, doesn't change the fact that I absolutely love the 599. The 599 is a real gem and a true joy to drive.

JMVHO of course...

25. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    The 599 is 2.5cm wider and roughly 11cm longer than the 458 (which is already a big car). You can google the specs if you want.