Capristo Exhaust on the 599 | FerrariChat

Capristo Exhaust on the 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by tailhappysg, Dec 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tailhappysg

tailhappysg Rookie

Nov 27, 2007
    Hello! I'm seeking a louder exhaust note from my 07' 599 GTB. Someone recommended a Capristo. I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on the Capristo or any recommendation of a quality after-market exhaust for the 599. Many thanks!

2. baron

baron Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I've had success with secondary cat bypass and Nouvalari sport exhaust.

3. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    I'll have mine installed in a week or so will post a link when I get her done :)

4. tailhappysg

tailhappysg Rookie

Nov 27, 2007
    Baron - Thanks for the feedback!

G4Titan - Cool! Looking forward to your comments on the exhaust.

5. ted 191

ted 191 Karting

Sep 6, 2005
    yorkshire
    Full Name:
    chris heeley
    I've had tubi rumore and cat bypass pipes, but the resonance inside the car is terrible.
    I put the cats back on, but the sound has gone so I will be trying bypass pipes and stock rear boxes. If that doesn't make the required sound I will try a switchable capristo system.

6. coupe1

coupe1 Formula 3

Jan 15, 2007
    Singapore
    #6 coupe1, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
    So was it the cat bypass pipes that caused the drone or the tubi exhaust? Confirm that it was the secondary cats you bypassed?

7. ted 191

ted 191 Karting

Sep 6, 2005
    yorkshire
    Full Name:
    chris heeley
    Tubi caused the drone, it's still doing it, although not as bad, with the cats back in.
    Yes secondary bypass cats changed.

8. coupe1

coupe1 Formula 3

Jan 15, 2007
    Singapore
    I am thinking the OEM exhaust with valves and secondary cats bypass will result in a livable sound. Valves can still operate at low revs and open for loud sound at higher revs

9. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Could a GTO exhaust be fitted ? Maybe need ECU too ? Sounds awesome no matter.

10. F45T

F45T Karting

Dec 25, 2011
    Lost Island
    Full Name:
    FAST
    How about Novitec's exhaust?

11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Paul- According to Ferrari, GTO wheels fit, but the GTO exhaust does not.

12. Tifosi15

Tifosi15 Formula 3

Jul 15, 2009
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    So glad to see you back Taz, your wealth of knowledge is a greatly appreciated asset to this forum

13. F1 MONZA

F1 MONZA Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    John
    I too am thinking about a sport exhaust system.

can any one with the Nouvalari sport exhaust post comments on this system. I had a Tubi on my 1992 512 TR. it was okay. I know the Capristo is a beast i heard it a few times on a 355.

Thkinking about the Nouvalari system for now. I will leave the cats alone. California has very strict smog laws. Getting tougher every year.

Thanks Happy New year

14. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    +1

15. baron

baron Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    The Nouvalari sport exhaust is quite loud and nice sounding I think. I went with the sport version, which is between the regular and race version in loudness. I also have secondary cat bypass and I think the combo sounds good. There is a bit of acceptable drone, but the sound is aggressive and raw.

I also have a Tubi for sale in case anyone is interested:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=8520

16. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #16 Fabspeed Motorsport, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Guys,

In our experience, the best solution for improving the sound in the 599 is to remove the secondary cats. The factory valved muffler is actually quite aggressive and may not need to be replaced. You can gain a lot of sound and power by simply replacing the secondary cats with our bypass pipes. This will not cause a check engine light and will still pass emissions (since the primary cats still remain). Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a happy new year.

Jeff
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I have always been fond of the Valvetronic Kreissieg exhaust myself. Quiet when you want it and great when open. Combine with a remote selector for open/close and you have the best of both worlds. See how you like this cat-back system. I hate screwing with cats and emissions myself, and from personal experience, it is not necessary to do so to get an awesome exhaust sound.

This is just a cat-back system.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHx_V1ph-0U[/ame]

18. Nicofr

Nicofr Karting

Dec 11, 2010
    France - near Paris
    Hi,
    For the sound, it depends on what you want to achieve:
    - sound for the track and high sound all the time
    - sound for the town and day to day road, with the choice between louder sound compare to the original and higher loud sound at low speed when you want
    On my 599, I choose to have the choice and I just put a manual switch into the car to open and close the valves when I want and I have just put the Capristo mufflers, without the cat delete pipes (for the moment). The sound is civilised but louder with the closed valves, and higher and louder when I open the valves
    The Capristo look is better than the original mufflers.
    I appreciate this configuration really and the sound is really different
    I suspect that if I put the cat delete pipes, the sound could be very high and disturb me in long trips and for my neighbours (and my wife too), but the increased power due to the higher flow in the exhausts can be interesting too... I will try perhaps...

Regards,

19. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    as promised here's a small clip of the capristo sound and one showing the valve working... kind of cool!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6t0Eqg-fqU&context=C39c0fb3ADOEgsToPDskJG9vFE4iymQEkvopUGmSn2[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGa5_zk-cMQ&context=C3d21fefADOEgsToPDskJDVgk77LAuCsPUE9BRetUX[/ame]

20. Nicholas599

Nicholas599 Rookie

Dec 23, 2011
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Awesome !!! It sounds great !!!

21. papataori

papataori Karting

Oct 24, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Will
    That sounds great.....and looks great! Did you perform any other mods to the exhaust, or is adding the Capristo the only thing you changed? Also, what model Capristo is it? Is there only one, or are there multiple models? ie. Sound level, valved/non-valved, cat-back only, tips, etc. I really appreciate your help, and once again, well done on the exhaust!

22. Nicholas599

Nicholas599 Rookie

Dec 23, 2011
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Capristo system for the 599 includes two mufflers and two cat delete pipes. The pipes replace the second catalysts of the OEM system.
    More info here :
    http://www.capristo.de/en/exhaustsystems/ferrari/ferrari-599/exhaustsystems.html

23. tailhappysg

tailhappysg Rookie

Nov 27, 2007
  24. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Yep, getting some other goods done this week :) new rims, lowering with springs, sway bars, exhaust, paint correction, clear bra, 9500 install into the rearview mirror and possibly a couple of other tweaks to get her just right!

Will post pics when she's all done! Too bad is SOOOOO dam cold right now!!!

25. g4titan

g4titan Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 6, 2010
    Around
    Full Name:
    Nico