MODed ferrari? | FerrariChat

MODed ferrari?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by F360@20, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Alright here it goes,
    So I was driving up to the mtns. yesterday so it gives me alot of time to think about weird things. And I started to think about cars and mods and about a new project I wanted to do. When I started thinking hmm I wonder why alot of people do not get crazy with after market mods with f cars.

Now I understand that we are talking about ferrari's (and i personally prob. would not mod any f car)
    But if we do forget about the name and symbol on the car its just the same as any other car towards concept, engine works the same as a civic, drives forward like every other car.
    So lets say I wanted to throw a turbo on my 360, what would hold me back? If I found someone who really new how the engine ran and someone else who can design a kit for it why would it not work?

I really do not know what im trying to get at, Im just thinking out loud.
    In all reality im just asking if you wanted to you can tune and mod it just like a import car. We just do not because it is what is and that almost perfect.

2. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    I think Koennig used to turbo a few F cars before. Don't know whether they still do it.

3. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Koenig, Hamann, Imola Racing, Norwood (900hp black TR on ebay); somebody's buying these cars (for big money usually)! Sometimes though by the 2nd/3rd etc. owner, the value has plummeted, because by now mods are looking well used....... Must have been worth it to the original owner.

4. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Of course you can modify a ferrari, all it takes is money. There are guys who post here with twin turbo TRs, 348, 308 all done at Norwood. My 308 is supercharged to 22 psi and approximately 600 hp.

The 360 has a little too much compression as it is, so you'll need to open the engine and change the pistons, that adds to the cost. I'd think a basic job, no intercooler and about 8-10 psi would get you about 500 hp and cost $15k-$20k. Add an intercooler and bump it up to 15 psi and you should be well over 600, probably closer to 700, figure $20k-$30k. If it is going to be a street car, I like superchargers better. They make boost right form idle with no lag at all. For a track car, a turbo setup is probably the way to go.

5. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Enough said!! LOL

6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    the cost on modding a 360 is more the internals like pistons etc than the turbo assembly or even plumbing. on the cheap i would say you can poorman it for around 10k pretty easily, well easy for me to do for that. expect to do around 15. FX can probably hook you up and do it right.

give me your keys, a check and 3 weeks. :)