FYI: MP4-12C at Miller Motorcars | FerrariChat

FYI: MP4-12C at Miller Motorcars

Discussion in 'British' started by ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Jan 1, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    There's a gorgeous silver McLaren MP4-12C sitting on Miller's parking lot on Route 1. Easily worth a detour. (Another contemporary design that looks far, far better in person than it ever will in pictures.)

2. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Drove by Miller about two hours ago in the hopes of seeing the silver MP4-12C again. Instead, we were treated to a white example with black interior, seriously dark graphite wheels, black mirrors and black intake partitions.

Great car but the 458 up the block looked far, far better to my eyes -- as does the idea of an NA engine.

3. 360

360 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    Orpington Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    You obviously have not driven the MP4 and if you don't like turbo'd engines you had better make sure you buy a 458 as a keeper as the next generation Ferrari will have to have a turbo to meet emissions requirements

4. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

lol...i was thinking the same thing. btw, turbocharged cars can be seriously addictive!!!

5. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    #5 ScuderiaWithStickPlease, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
    Are you claiming that the MP4's turbos are transparent?

And the fact that turbos will be required soon -- news flash! -- is irrelevant to people who, like me, despise forced air induction in performance cars. (You did look at my nick, right?)

6. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Don't you find that the thrills in such cars are kind of one-dimensionsal when compared to the overall experience of a great NA engine that's coupled to a great chassis?

7. 360

360 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    Orpington Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris M
    Yes they are quite unnoticable, using twin low pressure turbos reduces the lag to bearly noticable levels and after all if you are driving these cars without gusto then take the wifes car as these cars are meant to be driven, the turbo has come along way since the Esprit S4s or the 911, look after your scud cos the days of NA engines is over some say progress others not but I for sure having driven both say the MP4 is proof that this is the way to go and with lower emissions saving the planet

8. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    They're always claimed to be "quite unnoticeable", more so now that Emissions have robbed NA engines of a good deal of both their throttle response and R&D budgets.

While this is hardly the forum for delving into what is and isn't a viable threat to the planet, the fact that we're heading this way doesn't address either my preference for NA engines, Green controversies -- evo claimed recently that composite truck frames would reduce pollution far more than this Brussles-DC crusade against performance automobiles ever could -- or the fact that the cream of the automotive crop have always had NA engines. (I'd find the fact that forced air engines allow for lighter cars with better packaging far more persuasive.)

And as I've said elsewhere I don't own a Ferrari or anything like one.