Cigar Guys - Any Here? | Page 90 | FerrariChat

Cigar Guys - Any Here?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by FerrariSlave, Dec 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Borca

Borca Rookie

Jan 7, 2012
    CT
    Full Name:
    PLM
    Brand new to site, mostly a reader. That cigar is the pinnacle. Yes, you have a cigar smoker on this end. Actually had a Trinidad in el commandante's country a few years ago, if you get my meaning, but that's another story! Hope you enjoyed!

2. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    #2227 Ike, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It burnt uneven at first then straightened out. Some opus spice by the 1/4 area then really mellowed out. It had a meaty taste for lack of a better word. Reminded me of a monte petit edmundo. I prefer the regular opus x power ranger.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. JM4re

JM4re Formula 3

Aug 21, 2006
    Nothingcouldbefiner
    Full Name:
    JPM
    Hey Ike this is what I had posted about a few days ago. I've heard this (uneven burn remark) from 2 other guys that smoked these. They smoke fine until toward the latter part of the stick, when its unevenness comes out. Still it is a great smoke.
    They come in 6 sizes all with special little names.

Forbidden Torch Bearer 2012, 7 5/8 x 49
    Forbidden Nacimiento 1912, 5 1/8 x 43
    Forbidden Heart of the Bull 1957, 5 1/4 x 50
    Forbidden Destiny 1980, 5 3/4 x 52
    Forbidden Keeper of the Flame 2013, 6 1/4 x 49
    Forbidden God's Whisper 1924, 7 1/5 x 47

I got 6 Keeper of the Flames.

4. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I think I may have got the Keeper of the Flame. The shop only allowed one to be purchased at a time. It seems that they are not able to get many of these. They are able to get a lot of Opus X but this is more limited and I don't think he is able to get them the way he gets normal Opus X.

I think the uneven burn was because they were still somewhat wet from shipping. Mine was only uneven at first and then got better.

5. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I just got another box of cuban San Cristobals from my normal source.

The bands on them are brown, they used to be maroon. Do any of you know if they changed the bands. Everything looks right about them except this one thing. I guess the test will be smoking one.

6. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    #2231 Ike, Jan 10, 2012
  7. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  8. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    #2233 Ike, Jan 10, 2012
  9. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Works great. I use large coolers with heartfelt beads from Heartfelt Industries. Rubbermaid boxes work too, anything airtight. I wash mine out with water and a little bleach to kill the plastic odors the coolers come with.

10. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    #2235 Ike, Jan 11, 2012
    I learned that the bands were changed when Habanos switched to a company in the Netherlands to make their bands.

I am smoking one right now. Tastes good so far.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    #2236 koisokok, Jan 11, 2012
  12. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    What are those?

13. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    cohiba behike..

14. EricSites

EricSites Karting

Apr 13, 2011
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Eric Sites
    Where can I pick some of those up? PM me.

15. Mr. Francesco

Mr. Francesco F1 Rookie

Oct 10, 2010
    Full Name:
    Mr. Francesco
    Interesting. I need to reread this.

16. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm trying it on a bit smaller scale with one container I happened to have on hand. So far it seems to be working. I did over-buy and have a few more cigars than I can fit in my humidor. Got kind of carried away on the cigarbid.com site. Will be looking for a little bigger container to move the whole works into. Also gonna look for some of the crystals.

Have some good cigars to smoke in the future though!!! :)

17. etmracing

etmracing Karting

Oct 17, 2010
    Thurmont MD
    Full Name:
    Marc Stephens
    Yeah im in the same boat im currently using the coolerdor system:aka ice cooler. Im going to be buying a largersized humidor soon. Might go with one from cheaphumidors.com or cigarbid has had a few nice looking ones.

18. Eddie@CavallinoModels

Eddie@CavallinoModels Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Yeah no they arent. They look VERY suspect.

19. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
  20. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
  21. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    So as a newb I have to ask what is it that you guys are keying on to make you think they are not real? Is it the construction, the smoothness or what? Just curious.

22. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
  23. Eddie@CavallinoModels

Feb 21, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eddie

There are quite a few things that has to happen first before they allow the import of cuban cigars. They will allow travel, infrastructure and foreign investment first.

As for what to tell. The BHKs are the cream of the crop they do not look rough, they are smooth with no veins. I have not seen a vein-y cigar like that since the boom era (1999-2001) Plus the band looks a bit off. Also it looks like that box is the one the cigars were sold in and they only come in boxes of 10. If the box was a different box then disregard. There are so many fakes out there, you would not be surprised. The sad thing is, most cigars are not that expensive, you just need a good source for them.

24. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    The wrappers are rough, lumpy, and veiny. Most cubans will be smoother than this. The ones I smoke are one of the cheapest Cubans available and it is pretty smooth http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141118897&postcount=2235

The Behike should be pretty much perfect. Look at the pics Habanos released http://www.lacasadelhabano.com/web/index.php/en/component/content/article/81-habanos-sa-lanza-cohiba-behike-la-linea-mas-exclusiva-de-su-historia

The foot of the cigar should be cleanly cut and not have a tattered edge.

The bands do not fit the cigars as they should. I can not comment about the bands looking right or not as I do not now the details it should have but it should fit around the cigar without gaps.

25. Eddie@CavallinoModels

Feb 21, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    San cristobal are far from the cheapest. Pretty good cigars, not my flavor profile but pretty good.