My F355?? | FerrariChat

My F355??

Discussion in '348/355' started by cesarsim, Jan 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cesarsim

cesarsim Rookie

Mar 4, 2011
    Spain
    Happy New Year to all. I write from Spain and, first of all, I apologize for my bad English. I will do my best. The fact is that I am a happy owner of a Porsche 993 4S, but of course, I need a Ferrari and I have started to look for. Now it has emerged with a preparation Dimex 355 Imola very important, but I fear that his stock is overvalued, because it loses much of the original and also do not know if I find someone in Spain who wants to work with her. If anyone is interested, I can upload the details of the preparation.

The car is this:

http://www.autoscout24.es/Details.aspx?id=204990311

There are 1 or 2 original F355 best price but not as funky ......

I appreciate any advice. A greeting from Spain.

2. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Does the seller have the original air boxes? If so, you can always return the car to stock configuration if you decide that you do not like it.

More important than this modification is the health of the engine - make sure to get a leakdown test on the engine, and if possible get a PPI from a Ferrari dealer.

Best of luck with the purchase of a new car ;)

3. bazandmaz

bazandmaz Rookie

Dec 29, 2008
    The car looks lovely, I really like the seats and have not seen them before, I also like the airbox modification. It's all down to the mechanical health of the car.

4. roadracer311

roadracer311 Formula 3

May 6, 2009
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The power steering reservoir update hasn't been done on that one yet. Not a big deal (very inexpensive to update), but a detail that should be taken care of in time.

5. cesarsim

cesarsim Rookie

Mar 4, 2011
    Spain
    Thank you very much everyone for the answers.

Notoboy, has no air boxes, so I would stay with them. But if you'll do the inspections at a Ferrari.

Bazandmaz, I also really like those seats and had not seen before.

Roadrace understand that the power steering reservoir must be changed and do you see in the photos has not been done? I'll keep that in mind, thank you very much.

I worry about changing the electronics, which increased to 9250 rpm the motor rotation, maybe it's reliable. Also, a cooling system for gasoline do not know what it is. I will continue investigating. Thank you very much again.

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You may find it better to look for a standard car on the mainland and also to ask in the Spanish section about local servicing