Thinking about sending the 308 to a new home | FerrariChat

Thinking about sending the 308 to a new home

Discussion in '308/328' started by BwanaJoe, Jan 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    Howdy guys,

I haven't posted in a while due to a rather hectic schedule. I think it is time for my 308 to go to a new home. Has anyone here been tracking prices on 308s? I mean selling price, not asking price? Just wondering how bad I may lose my shirt if I sell her on to a new owner. I am obviously not looking for a hard price more like the B - D range of cars (A being a trailer queen and E being the parts car).

Thanks for any info or tips.

Joe

2. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'd say anywhere between $10k and $200k.

Sorry, there's a bit of a discussion going on in another thread about this very subject right now. :D

Better range? 25-40k depending on year, services, cosmetics, etc., unless you really have a parts car or a concours competitor. Then it's all over the map. Sorry that ain't much help.

3. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    LOL! No problem. My car is a driver right smack dab in the middle. That is my biggest problem. The pricing "seems" to be all over the place.

I would like to see that $200K 308!

4. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    ROLMAO !!!!

Touché my friend !!

5. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Your car is Silver/Red? If I was in the market that color combo would make me interested. Can you post some pics so I can drool? I love red interiors, associated with growing up with my Dads convertible, white with red interior.

Throw up some more details, miles, most recent service, etc.

6. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #6 Wade, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Joe, keep an eye on this one... it's almost apples and apples.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160718131257&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#v4-43
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hey when it's right there on a tee, you gotta take a swing. :D

8. glenv6

glenv6 Formula 3

Jul 4, 2011
    New York
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Other than ebay (and other auctions) selling prices are very difficult to know. There just aren't many people who are willing to disclose their selling price. Buyers here sometimes do so you can find some recent threads about price and value... Just don't forget to wear your crash helmet! :)

9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    When your right , your right :D

10. jcinflorida

jcinflorida Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    John
    Say it ain't so Joe!!! Oh man, we can't afford to lose another car here in the Space Coast! I'd buy it but I just added another car to my stable! Dude... Im bumming you are parting with the 308. But then, maybe you are upgrading! :cool:

11. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
  12. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    The problem is value and selling price can be totally in opposite directions! In many cases new owners here, in the past, would chime on what they paid for a recent purchase. And given the "search" feature is not always the greatest...

Well, hoping my crash helmet is not needed!

Thanks for the info.

13. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    Not a done deal yet! I'll post on here and probably Hemmings or Autotrader. I'm not really sure about Fleabay yet. I just don't want to price it too high and scare away potential buyers. I also don't want to waste my time if the market is so depressed right now that it doesn't make sense to sell.

Won't be upgrading anytime soon to another FCar. Maybe a certain German one... Basically the itch has been scratched and I've found I don't have the time to drive it as much as it needs to be driven. I'll just baby the TR6 more!

If I do replace the 308 it may be with a Mondial cab in the future. That way the boys can tag along as well.

14. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Upgrading? How can you upgrade from a 308)))
    ok maybe a 288........

15. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    That cars in Pa I went to see it a couple of weekends ago.

16. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Are you sure? The ad states that the item location is Florida. Also, the seller (an F-Chatter) is based in FL as well.

17. nickm

nickm Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Ventura Ca.
    I sold my 1984 GTB last year (fall 2010). The car had 38K miles & very nice, off an ebay add for $32K.
    I put a "Buy it Now" for $32K and it was snatched up 4 days into a 10 day auction.

I made a video for it... fairly long, and pretty detailed. I tried to make it for the guy who has no time to come to California to look at it, and would take the chance at buying it without looking at it. I took it for a "test drive" on the video showed up close details and anything else I could think, that "I" would like to see. It worked... the car was bought sight un-seen. I've sold LOTS of cars without the buyer coming to look at the car. So it's definitely worth the hassle of making a video etc... My thinking is: the guy who will buy my car probably is a busy guy... he wont want to take a chance at buying a plane ticket, then someone else comes and snatches the car the day before he flies out.

I'll see if I can re-upload my car's video if your interested to compare to yours.

18. EnfieldJoe

EnfieldJoe Karting

Aug 25, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Car is in PA. I just spoke with the guy in FL that is selling it for the owner in PA. Sounds like their is some room on the Buy-It-Now price. It is going thru a dealer and not a private sale. Something about the owner's son having a dealership?

19. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Yes exactly. The car owners son owns a dealership in pa and that's where I saw the car his Dad who owns the car lives in Florida.

20. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Well then, that would make it apples and pears instead (similar car, different markets) ;)

21. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    Interesting idea on the video. I'll have to remember that if it comes to it. Thanks.

22. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Good luck Joe, seems like a clean car and I like the colors ( NOT RED !!!! )

23. mustardfj40

mustardfj40 Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northen California
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Nice that you sold your car quickly but have you ever thought you could sell it for more?

24. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    Thanks. That was the main reason I bought her (red was last on my list). The silver is a nice stealth color the flies under the police radar most of the time. It also looks great under the Florida sun!

25. BwanaJoe

BwanaJoe Formula 3

Oct 23, 2006
    Former Space Coast
    Full Name:
    Joe Burlein
    When I "officially" list her for sale I'll go ahead and list all that in the ad. I was going to attach a picture I took this weekend by the river but I've exceeded my attachment quota and I can't figure out how to delete old attachments.