New CMC 1961 250 SWB California | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New CMC 1961 250 SWB California

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by stevel48, Mar 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. desire308

desire308 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2007
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    The comment on the wheels/tires causing a ride height issue is a good point and one of the things some die cast companies get wrong. I am sure they are all the same but the earlier red car does look to be a tad too high but in the group photos looks fine.

2. eric t

eric t Karting

Sep 23, 2007
    Would've been nice if a soft top was included like BBR's F 430 spyder!
    Btw, 3 years ago I bought the CMC Maserati 'Birdcage'.
    Ride height was too high but time and gravity took care of it!

3. eric t

eric t Karting

Sep 23, 2007
  4. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    This week I received an email from a modelshop and the model will also be available with a hardtop. I haven't seen any pictures of that yet. I hope it will be a removable top.

5. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    For a CMC, I'm a little underwhelmed at this one. A lot of things just don't look right - steering wheel is too thick, dash/console parts seem out of scale, wing nuts on top of air cleaner look way too huge, and the most egregious of all - every pic I've seen has the steering wheel cocked to one side or the other by 90* or more, while the front wheels are straight (relatively).

I do like the detail they put into the engine bay, but those air cleaner wingnuts are just distracting.

Does the trunk open? Haven't seen a pic yet with it open... If not, why not? Again, for that price range, it seems inexcusable.

This may be picking nits, but I think they can (and have) do better.

FWIW.

gp

6. Trossi

Trossi Rookie

Apr 29, 2008
    Please keep in mind that this is a pre production hand sample and not the final model. CMC has told visitors in Nuremberg that they will improve the model until the final production run starts.

And yes, the trunk will be openable (hey, its still CMC).

7. ItalianHorses

ItalianHorses Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2004
    Its a pre-production hand-assembled prototype, where most likely not even all the parts have been made for the model and it uses a bunch of spare-box parts from 250 SWB for now. Relax, production versions will be much better.

8. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    Ok, thanks. I'm relaxed now.... (whew!)

;)

gp

9. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name: