craigslist gt4 | FerrariChat

craigslist gt4

Discussion in '308/328' started by guygowrie, Jan 23, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    I have no affiliation but as you dont see that many gt4's up for sale I wont fail to mention this one:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pts/2803839992.html

There is an associated gallery with more photos that the standard craigslist rubbish.

I like the colour combo, and the dino badges on wheels, steering and nose. I'd like to revert to the Dino nose badge on mine too.

looks like a very nice car thats hasnt been messed with.

2. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    stunning gt4, shame its a usa spec car.

3. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Absolutley beautiful.

4. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    I have seen this car in person, and while i didnt scrutinze it, it struck me as a beautiful car.

Larry Buskirk (ferrari mechanic in Novato) said he has maintained this car for years.

If anyone is seriously considering this car, let me know as its right down the road from me.

seems priced high to me, but its a cool car, the color is stunning. When I saw it at Larry's shop I asked it was for sale.

5. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Damn I really like that color combo- I have the velour on my car and it looks far better in person than in photos.

Don't know if the market can bear a $40K GT4 but with nice colors, low miles and if the car is really perfect I can't imagine that this price is too far out of line with it's true value- but the market has not reflected that recently.

Sincee you can drop $15K on a well worn $25K car in aheartbeat- I'm not sure why people are so "bargain" conscious with 308s.

6. The Kook Abides

The Kook Abides F1 Rookie

Jan 4, 2011
    It all depends on how old the rubber stuff and suspension is.

If major service is current and it stops and steers good and body is "pristine"

...I would say it is worth 40k

7. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Well that's what all of us GT4 owners think...

Hope you're right.

8. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    Nice car.

Definitely NOT worth $40K.

9. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Not a fan of the color, but it looks great nonetheless. I hope it does bring in $40k. These cars are worth much more than they are selling for.

Dom

10. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    I always find the cloth interiors, kind of the shape of the seats, say 70's motor show concept car much more than the traditional leather (in a good way!).

My '75 looks like its scruffier and harder travelled brother of this one.

11. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Why?

12. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    It may be worth $40K to that one special someone out there... but I am not that special someone. To me, and I am not looking, that is a very nice $25K 308.

13. F1111

F1111 Rookie

Jun 12, 2008
    GTA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I don't think that either the pictures or description make it possible to determine whether it is a $40K example or not.
    There's not enough information to make a case for it - but it's certainly possible that it could be worth that to someone if it's in 'service current' mechanical condition.
    I personally don't find the colour combo attractive at all, not from the pics anyway, but it could easily strike me differently in person.

14. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    Love the blue color...just not a fan of Boxer black on the lower portions.

15. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Value is a tough one- these car are not in high demand- people want 308gtbs, not gt4s.

My 75 GT4 will be about as restored as a GT4 can be when it is finished- with 13k on the clock- I cannot imagine parting with but I would laugh at a $40k offer... (But according to those here nobody would pay that much anyway)

16. md88plt

md88plt Karting
    BANNED

Mar 4, 2008
    usa
    Full Name:
    dc
    GT4 and GTB are to different cars. Not sure how you can quantify the desirability between the two.

17. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    when you have spend 23 years working on these cars, you know what too look for.

this car is worth 40 k.

18. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    i just had a thought. i could probably take my car out of the garage and replace it with this and my wife wouldnt realize. It's a darker grey/silver than mine and is cloth vs leather but I'm pretty sure she wouldnt notice.

It would require some logistical backflips, a secret marketing program for my car ("who was that calling, honey?"), some extra cash and trucking the car across country. Plus another damn visit to the DMV to register the car.

This is the same theory as my bicycle riding friends have, they trade in bikes for new ones of similar colours. Even get the new bike painted the same.

Has anyone ever managed this feat ?

19. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name:
    Geno
    that is pretty damn funny. The other day my wife commented that more "damn car parts" are being delivered to the house than shoes.'

I am sneaking another car in the house as we speak. i am going with the "we talked about this and you said it was ok....you dont remember honey?" she has used that tactic on me in the past, so i am just reversing it on her :)

20. F1111

F1111 Rookie

Jun 12, 2008
    GTA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Oh, alrighty then !
    I was curious as to what you've been doing for the last 23 years, but it was hard to tell from your profile.

21. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Sneaking it in 1 part at a time? :D

22. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Without a good stack of verifiable service invoices covering its entire life, the indicated mileage means absolutely nothing. Its a nice car, but its a $25K car at best. If it was truly worth $40K it wouldn't still be on Craigslist almost 10 days later, it would have sold.

23. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    Greatly AGREE.

24. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    Not defending the asking price here, but....
    Huh? I dont understand. 25k cars that are worth 25k sit longer than 10 days sometimes and 40k cars worth 40k can also sit longer than 10days as well.
    Gt4s are a pretty small market. Maybe the buyer to be hasn't seen the add yet.

25. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I guess one has to ask the chicken and egg question.

Is the GT4 car a small market because there are so few cars for sales, or is it because there are so few buyers?