Aftermarket Exhaust Options (Tubi, Fabspeed, Capristo) | FerrariChat

Aftermarket Exhaust Options (Tubi, Fabspeed, Capristo)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jimmilew, May 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jimmilew

Jimmilew Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2011
    Gang,

My new Spider comes with stock exhaust. Its too quiet, IMHO, in comparison with some other cars I have driven that had a TUBI exhaust (just the muffler). I also notice the TUBI cars just seemed to "breathe" better. I am sure the stock system is more restrictive, I can just feel it.

I searched and there is a smattering of info here and there, so I thought I would post specifically for the 360 crew to get their opinions. I have also seen the you tube videos comparing this and that.

I think the TUBI looks cool with its 360 Spider imprint, but these things selll for about 5K and I can gain no info other than a nice picture. No data, HP gains, nada. Its just looks and sound cool, I guess.

Fabspeed, OTOH, has a great website with pics, data, and sound bites. Their product seems very well made, and they always had good products for the Porsche world I lived in. Their product seems to have a bit deeper sound, doesnt seem to have the "wail". But, its well priced at 3K and made in the USA. I called Jeff to talk and he called me right back. Sweet!

Capristo seems REALLY expensive, and doesnt sound as nice to me. Again, a pic and no data. Kriesegg (sp) is outragrously expensive, and again, no data. Just a pic and a price.

I am leaning towards Fabspeed for just an exhaust for now. Maybe headers and a cat bypass later. One step at a time.

What do you guys have, why, and what do you have an opinion to share about which way I should go with this?

THANKS!

JL

2. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    If you want something awesome with a great price, this is what you need;
    http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/agency-power-performance-exhaust-package-ferrari-modena-9905-p-115053.html

I have all the components exept for the muffler which I also bought from Rob (Capristo twin sound). Great people great service and good quality.

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    #3 Spitfire, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
    My car came with a non-stock exhaust with single tips. It sounds great, but I couldn't see any markings to tell me what it was. Once I bought the car and could look in more detail (i.e., with a mirror on the end of a telescoping stick) I was able to find and read a name plate which tells me that it's a Tubi system that's marked as "Racing Only". As I say, it sounds terrific, and I agree with you -- the stock system is too tame IMHO. I don't know that this is any help to you, and I clearly don't know how much a Tubi "Racing Only" system goes for.

4. JoshECS

JoshECS Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 3, 2010
    Ashburn,VA
    Full Name:
    Josh Hill
    The Fabspeed exhuast for 360's has a strange "hollow can" can sound that I personally don't prefer. The Tubi sounds great, if you get a set of headers and Hyper-Flow cats the end sound is amazing.

The Capristo has a really great "scream" during upper RPM runs that I really enjoy, they sounda little off at idle sometimes though. Personally I have little concern for the idle sound quality...Ferraris rarely sound good at idle no matter what exhaust IMO.

You may also want to check out the Agency Power exhaust system. It has a great "custom" look, has a valved by-pass for stock/race sound and is reasonably priced. Agency Power also has high flow cats and catless headers so you can build a whole package.

5. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
    1+
    This is Rob 360 with the capristo I bought from him. Even with the valves close the idle is kind of anoying but once you push her to scream, Wow! WTF Im driving?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGcPTJFpRAI[/ame]

6. crapking

crapking Karting

Feb 4, 2006
    Houston Tx
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I've got a Larini on mine and it sounds great!

7. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Hi JL.

I recently changed from stock to the Agency Power (with remote valves) system. You can check before / after / fitting / weight / look in this thread........

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309521&highlight=agency+power

So far it's sounding great and working well but don't expect significant power gains from replacement of back box only.

With valves closed it's louder than stock but won't have you fighting with the neighbours but when "pushing on" with valves open it sounds very good indeed.

Good luck in your research, you've a lot of choices!

8. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    from all of my research the general consensus from people seemed to be the timate is the loudest followed closely by capristo 3.

i opted for timate because of its weight (proven to be the lightest by far + it's titanium), price (definitely on the lower end), and loudness (though I have yet to hear mine as it's being installed now).

9. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    TiMate is definitely the loudest for the 360. Unfortunately they do not make one for the 430. However, I am skeptical over the performance of the exhaust. It's not always all about the sound. Unless it's backed up with real dyno results and several customer reviews, I'd shy away from that option for the time being.

That said, it sure sounds fantastic!

10. Jimmilew

Jimmilew Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2011
    Been doing a bunch of research. For sure I can not live with the stock exhuast, its too tame. Talked to a number of suppliers who all have been very responsive. Also swapped a bunch of PMs with helpful chaps!

So far, I am leaning towards the Agency Power muffler only. I like the valved option that gives me a slighly more agressive sound in "quiet mode", yet gives me the "shriek mode" for when I want to rip at the touch of a FOB. Cool! This keeps neigbors and wife at bay, yet keeps me happy when ripping solo or with friends.

The AP seems reasonably priced and of high quality. Some of the options are REALLY expensive! Like 7K for just a muffler?! Wow!

I would start with the back piece first, live with it for a while, then decide about headers and cats. Thats the thinking so far, will keep you posted as I learn more or make a decision!

JL

11. F430addict

F430addict F1 Rookie

Sep 17, 2010
    Good choice. The AP unit looks light enough for me and it's valved so no serious issues with the sudden loss of backpressure. IMO, valves are very important. You don't want to sound like a truck 24/7.

Go for it and don't forget to share the photos when you're done.

12. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The ticket for me was building a header back system and then tuning the ECU's

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1x6IzBF8d0[/ame]

13. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
  14. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Headers are the manifolds. The system comprises the headers, cats, mufflers and tips.

15. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Ahh right. There was me thinking there was some breakthrough in Ferrari exhaust technology involving replacing regular headers with header back systems!

Thanks!

16. Driftracer3

Driftracer3 Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    Haha Greg, header back means "from the headers, all the the way back".

17. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    OK, I get it now! Cheers!

18. Jimmilew

Jimmilew Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2011
    Think I am having a change of heart. Italian car, Italian exhaust! TUBI!

JL

19. Ingpr

Ingpr F1 Rookie

Jun 30, 2009
    PR
    Full Name:
    David
  20. Prov1x

Prov1x Formula Junior

Aug 8, 2010
    Union, Ky
    Full Name:
    Rob Clarke
    I bought a Nouvarli and love it. I'm going to add the CATS soon. Glenn is great to work with.

21. RyanH

RyanH Karting

Jun 17, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I have a set of cat bypass pipes if your interested. They are brand new, I'm asking $650 shipped. The combination with your Tubi will sound amazing! Pm me if your interested. Thanks!

22. Temuri

Temuri Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Moscow
    Full Name:
    Temuri
    I have fabspeed exhaust on my car: headers, 200 cel cats, muffler... Sounds amazing, very evil, agressive , brutal, hysterical! It has no valves, on low rpm sounds absolutely normal. Tunnel is the best place to accelerate. Sound is like F1.
    First step I made was changing only muffler. Sound was not so good, even worse than the factory sound. I was disappointed very much. But after headers and cats were installed, I got absolutely different car.
    For me Fabspeed is one of the best sound I've heard for f430.

23. auclutch

auclutch Karting

Sep 25, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    i have a fuchs exhaust and love it, the sound and the quality is top notch imho.

24. Mark N

Mark N Rookie

Mar 25, 2011
    Cyprus
    I fitted an Agency Power muffler from Vivid last month and I have to say I'm very pleased with it. At low revs it is a bit louder than stock with a much nicer sound than with the vacuum lines plugged on the stock exhaust. But at higher revs with the valves open, bypassing the muffler, it sounds superb. Initially I thought it was too loud but after driving a couple of miles I changed my mine completely and love the sound it makes. At motorway speeds it is quiet enough to easily have a conversation with very little drone.
    The exhaust itself looks to be well made with nice welds and has developed a nice colour after a few heat cycles (I never went for the ceramic coating offered by AP).
    I didn't bother fitting the remote control for the valves as I'm happy with the stock vacuum system and don't want to be fumbling with a fob if I get pulled over for whatever reason.