Mille Miglia 2012 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mille Miglia 2012

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by The Red Baron, Nov 22, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HeloSixx

HeloSixx Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 15, 2007
    Amelia Island FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    You forgot a few x's in the wife entry... You get a D- for accounting as this could easily skew the total =)

2. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Waiting and then the tombola of the MM is known...
    All the negative posts aside, I am really looking forward to it. Regarding the F-tribute, when I drove it we did not have a single issue with it, as they were way ahead of the storico MM. Only the Porsche GT club was very irritating, trying to outbreak an 60 year old drum brake car.

Please let us know who are in, the 1 of Feb we will know, well last year it was the 2 Feb....
    Ciao
    Oscar

3. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Hard to believe it was a year ago, Oscar.

I wish all the submittors nerves of steel, these two days!

Onno

4. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Yep, the organisation descided they need another week to complete the list of entrants....

So, count your blessings and sleep tight....
    Ciao
    Oscar

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    They state they had 1'375 applications from all over the world. For 375 spots.

Marcel Massini

6. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    About 125 sponsors...so 250 left, half italian, 125 left, 80 SL's so 45 left....
    Ciao
    Oscar

7. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Those who are in will know on the 8th

8. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    #33 275gtb6c, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    Yes!

my Ferrari 212 Export has been selected
    ciao
    Oscar

9. joehayes

joehayes Rookie

Sep 9, 2010
    I just checked and I was not accepted-1955 Maser A6G Zagato with TDF race history.

Go figure.

10. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    What is the link to login to check my application? I cannot find it on the regular website.

Forza,
    David

11. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Shame. But I'm sure they'll select you in the near future.

You're a lucky man in any case, I love A6G Masers.

Onno

12. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    The same link you use for entering the info of your car.....
    Ciao
    Oscar

13. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    seems to be the organisations (and fans) loss...

14. joehayes

joehayes Rookie

Sep 9, 2010
    To check status-

Go to their website and click on Registration

Go to "Entry form for Rally"

Click on this to your personal page.

Use your password and scroll to the bottom of the form for decision.

Good luck

15. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Stupid they are! Why not drive the Tour Auto this year? I am VERY shure your car will acceptet by Patrick Peter.

Ciao!
    Walter

16. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Congratulations Oscar. Is this time going to be more serious or still there to enjoy the whole thing. Either way, all the best.

17. joehayes

joehayes Rookie

Sep 9, 2010
    Hi Walter

We are taking a 1973 Porsche RSR on the Tour Auto. The Maser is in England having work done. Since both cars will be over there I am now thinking of taking one car and just joining the parade of other cars. Not the same as being in the rally but since I have already paid for the airline tickets and the cars are there, why not? Plus, there are worse ways to spend a week.

It is funny, in looking over the list of cars that could get in I actually thought of applying with either a 1955 Ford Thunderbird or a Studebaker Golden Hawk because you never see those. We will have to see for next year.

18. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    I'll be in Brescia with my 1929 Chrysler 75 LeMans roadster. It's heading to the LeMans Classic thereafter. Looking like a very good summer.

Forza,
    David

19. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Oscar,
    Is there a list out that gives all entrants this year.

20. joehayes

joehayes Rookie

Sep 9, 2010
    Since our car was not accepted for the MM I am thinking about entering the Tribute portion of the rally with our Lusso. Deadline is about 10 days away. Can I get some feedback as to what that part was like last year. From what I can see it seems like mostly newer cars were on the rally. It also seems at some point, even though the tribute portion leaves early, that all the cars become intermingled. Shipping the car over from the states is fairly expensive, maybe we just reapply next year to the MM. What do the experienced participants think?

Thanks

21. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #46 JazzyO, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Joe,

I've done both the Storica (2011) and the Tribute (2010) and for me the Tribute is really worthwhile. Some others here will disagree. To a large degree it's also what you make of it. You can be annoyed by things that other people will shrug their shoulders to, or the other way around.

But my personal opinion is: driving a classic Ferrari (I used my 330GTC) on the Tribute gives you 95% of the experience of the MM. You drive the same routes, (almost all) the same trials.

Yes, you will see more modern cars as you drive it. Naturally. But you will also experience some of the best driving roads in the world with tonnes of spectators along the route cheering you on, and often you are following another Colombo V12, or even more than one. The best tip I can give you is to get to know some of the other competitors and drive sections together with them. Following a 275GTB for several hours between Rieti and Rome on desolated twisty roads was an all-time high for me. Best b'day present ever (I turned 40 that day)!!

The cars of the Tribute don't normally see any of the Storica participants. This was a bit of a disappointment for me, really. But we were there in Brescia earlier than them and we welcomed them in at the finish line. Which was great too. The one thing that I did feel is that a) the classic cars on the Tribute are in the far minority, and b) there as a distinct difference between a lot of the modern Ferrari owners and the classic Ferrari owners. This is a distinct difference with the Storica. But I still met lots of cool modern Ferrari owners that treated the event as something special and were really interested in my car.

Do you have idiots annoying you in modern Ferraris? Well, yes. But you also have tonnes of idiots in Porsches, Trabants, Land Rovers, on motor cycles etc annoying you too. Does this actually make the day any less enjoyable? For me, an emphatic NO!

And there are advantages to the Tribute too. You are the first cars through every town, and the welcoming is overwhelming. Especially if you are in a classic at the front of the field. My brother (navigator) was buried in olive oil and cheese gifted by young maidens. :) Plus, you don't get to the hotels ridiculously late on the first two nights. We had time for a fabulous meal in Rome.

I loved every minute of the Tribute and I will be doing it again in 2013 (assuming I get accepted). If you want more info, feel free to PM me.

I mean - who can say no to driving roads like these?

Onno

P.S. Your Lusso will need to be certified by Ferrari to participate!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. joehayes

joehayes Rookie

Sep 9, 2010
    Onno

That was exactly the description I was looking for and I thank you for your comments. The Lusso was certified last year and I am hoping that perhaps they give some preference to the older cars but who knows. I am going to apply so if I get in and you are there please look for a green Lusso with Illinois plates. Again, thanks for the comments.

Regards

Joe Hayes

23. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I dearly hope so too! I think it's not right that of the roughly 150 Ferraris participating only about 25 are classics. Hope to see you there with your Lusso! :)

24. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    I will certainly do so Joe. We will be there as spectators this year.

Yes, that is the one bug bear for me too, I wish more classics would participate.

Onno

25. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Is there a list of the accepted entries for the Mille Miglia 2012.