F458 Challenge For Sale | FerrariChat

F458 Challenge For Sale

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by F458Italia, Jan 11, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    I have a 458 raced 4 times with radio, window net ready to race 240,000.00

2. ufjdmba

ufjdmba Karting

Nov 10, 2010
    I am interested and tried to pm you but you aren't on pm.

3. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    I have 6 pm now??? anyway about 4 races I will have to look email ebispro at gmail.com

4. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
  5. uss tt

uss tt Karting
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2006
    GMT-6
    This car did not race in Challenge, at least not in North America.

6. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    ok so lets see if you can put your money where your month is, if you who knows NOTHING about this car is right the car is yours for free if I am right you pay double for the car.

My money says I am right about MY CAR you are talking thru your ass

7. F1wannabe

F1wannabe Karting

Sep 27, 2011
    Specifically referring to the ebay listing mentioned, not the car for sale by the OP. The ebay listing shows two magazine cut-out pics of two completely different cars, and the VIN matches a 430 not a 458, yet people our bidding on it???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-458-Challenge-Car-/140694021606?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20c20465e6

8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
  9. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    if some of you guy knew what you are talking about it would help. The photos are not cut outs, they are real, you can not list a challenge car since the car has no title the vin numb ers do not work on ebay. So if you want to list a challenge car you need to put something that has a title issed to the car.

Maybe if some of you would take the time to know the rules you wouldn't look like such big jerks.

PLEASE know what you are talking about here is a open challenge for those of you who think you know anything about ebay or challenge car.

If the photos isn't of real car and not a magizne cut, and if the car for sale isn't a real challenge car you can have it for free, if I am right you pay double for the car.

Anyone who wants to join in the game send me you info and I will start the game first one to prove they are right wins

Any takers........... I thoiught know all smoke on your side

10. ufjdmba

ufjdmba Karting

Nov 10, 2010
    I talked to Mike about purchasing this car but I am running my Porsche Cup Car this season. During my investigation of the car I came to speak with several well known Ferrari Dealers who not only know Mike but the car as well. No stories. Real car for any real buyer! So ease off the BS.

11. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    finally thanks, I have been hammered by about 12 guys who do not know a thing about these cars

Thanks for the good words again

12. ufjdmba

ufjdmba Karting

Nov 10, 2010
    No problem. Hope you sell it. I might run a few of the Challenge races with one of Bobby's cars and see how I like the series.
    Evan

13. F430GB

F430GB F1 Veteran

May 5, 2008
    Reno, NV
    Full Name:
    Gil Folk
    +1. Michael is a very good friend of mine and he IS selling the 458 Challenge. I've seen it in person many times and it is an amazing car!

-G.B.

14. F1wannabe

F1wannabe Karting

Sep 27, 2011
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by F458Italia View Post
    finally thanks, I have been hammered by about 12 guys who do not know a thing about these cars

Thanks for the good words again

Actually, I wasn't hammering on the OP, but the ebay listing, which now appears to be from the OP. First, the ebay listing has a VIN for a 2008 430, which is confusing, whether or not a 458 Challenge has a VIN, or not! And, one picture shows red side mirrors and race stickers, not shown on the other pics--again confusing. And, with the various fraudulent listings that can appear on ebay, I was just making note of some discrepancies in the ebay listing, not "specifically" referring to the original OP's listing, which had not been confirmed as being the same car as listed on ebay. However, anybody looking at the listing with the wrong VIN info, different pictures etc., would be confused at a minimum. Good luck on the sale.

15. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    great once again I do not understand why all you guys are wasting time you do not know what you are talking about and you are not BUYING so do you not have a hobby or a wife???

I TOTALLY understand wanting more info if you were BUYING but you all aren't the few who are have called, seen the car, talked to dealers who knwo the car.

Maybe some readers on Ferrari chat should take the time to check things out before making yourself look stupid.

I still have not takers for my challenge to get the car for FREE if they are right, and I am wrong...well any of you guys want to put your money where your month is, I WILL becuase I knwo the facts

\...

16. Houston348

Houston348 Formula 3

Oct 18, 2006
    I thik F1wannabe has a VERY valid point. I think the perception here is what is lacking.

For example, If I put a listing on Ebay selling a Colorado Mountain lodge, and the address was for somewhere in NYC, there were two pictures, one showing the lodge painted brown, the other blue, and pictures that looked like cutouts from magazines, and all of my other items for sale on Ebay were Star Wars action figures, would you bid on it??????

17. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I know lookie-loos ar a PITA but the attitude is not going to inspire folks to do business with you.

18. uss tt

uss tt Karting
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2006
    GMT-6
    Why not post some additional pics of the car, perhaps in action, or provide some additional details. I will confirm ebay has a problem with challenge car VINS, it doesn't like so many X's and O's. Surely you aren't as angry as your tone suggests? I'm actually interested in the car, if it is real.

19. ufjdmba

ufjdmba Karting

Nov 10, 2010
    Since you are in the know, talk with Bobby G with Ferrari of San Diego. He knows mike and the challenge car. Mike never raced in the series but on his own. Hope this helps.

20. uss tt

uss tt Karting
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2006
    GMT-6
    Gotcha. I know the guys at MG1 quite well, I think I know the car you are speaking of.

Thanks for the heads up. Cheers

21. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    look on cars for sale just posted more photos the if you still are interested act fast there is someone from Fla coming out this weekend toi look

22. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "This is a real Ferrari 458 Challenge car, the fastest car on the market today, it has less then 2200 miles used only a few times, if you are looking for a car to race this is it. If you want to run the Ferrari Challenge Race series you will get a deal once you buy this car. Serious buyers only you need info about the cars spec go to the Ferrari website if you want photos of Challenge cars look on the web no tire kickers, send your contact info email, phone, etc and we will contact you cash deal, if you do not have cash stay home this is a man's sport

Good Luck"

It looks like a pretty car, and I hope you sell it quickly and well.

You grossly underestimate your audience, though. There are a lot of users here who have extensive racing experience and aren't going to care about claims that the 458 Challenge is the fastest car on the market today when, of course, it's not even close. Racing is "a man's sport?" Because of the money, or something more?

There is almost nothing special about a Challenge car (I've owned three of them), except that it's a Ferrari. What would catch my eye in an ad is lots of photos, some discussion of accident history (none, I'm sure), specific numbers on component times and nature of use, list of spares, maintenance history (who did it), etc. Not sure I'd need to see the car in person, but I'd want the guy who cares for my race car to call your mechanic and, if he has time, fly out to see the car himself.

But you don't want or need a lesson in how to write ads. Just trying to explain some of the hostility you've encountered; had you posted your ad in the racing section, where some of the serious racers live, you would have been scorched.

Again, looks like a pretty car and I wish you well. I'm interested in a 458C, but probably at the end of the year.

23. fpcars

fpcars Karting

May 18, 2008
    Ukraine
    Full Name:
    Peter
    recently was offered 1 seat car,is it suitable for track-days?

24. F458Italia

F458Italia Karting

Sep 2, 2009
    Sarasota Lido Key Fl
    Full Name:
    Michael Lentini
    not sure about the rest of the world but if I want something someone else is selling I call them go see the item and either buy it or walk away.

Seems like Ferrari guys have to see photos, ask their coach, ask their mother, their priest.

Just a little tried of tire kickers, if you buy something or not because of the guy selling it good luck in life and please do not vote in the up coming elections.

25. motzatoge

motzatoge Rookie

Dec 4, 2012
    New Orleans
    My name is george i am interested in the car, i have some questions you can call me at 504-220-7272