Seattle Spotter Thread #8 | Page 31 | FerrariChat

Seattle Spotter Thread #8

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by hadif355, Dec 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. atomic80

atomic80 Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Where it always rain
    Full Name:
    Jason T
    I did hear about this particular FF coming in to FoS. Gorgeous beast for sure! I hope that you let them display it at the Hyatt even if you do end up buying it. :)

2. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Red calipers.

3. mtarvydas

mtarvydas Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2011
    On the Mountain
    Full Name:
    Martin Tarvydas
    Busted :) I was going from memory or hopefulness.

4. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Looks aside....best "car" I've ever driven. This includes some very high end cars from various other marques. Amazing how it does everything so well. A true Family Ferrari. Car is very handsome and muscular esthetically. Serious presence when viewed in person.

5. Jake C

Jake C Rookie

Jul 5, 2011
    Eastside of Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Black California - on Montlake around 10 this morning.

6. Bleu Omdurman

Bleu Omdurman Karting

Dec 3, 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    must be the guy in my building downtown (1301 second) I drove past his last week while in my CS. There were two black Ferrari's in the building that day.

7. rynoshark

rynoshark Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Black 599 and gunmetal 458 at the Bravern yesterday.

8. mtarvydas

mtarvydas Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2011
    On the Mountain
    Full Name:
    Martin Tarvydas
    I took it out yesterday and found the exhaust was very quiet compared to my Cali. I was amazed how smooth the shifts were compared to my Cal which has the same F1 gearbox. Amazing car throughout, never would realize it was 4 wheel drive.

9. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    It really isn't till the system kicks in from my understanding. The PTU (front wheel control) and the E-Diff (rear wheel control) work in unison, but the way the PTU works it has two clutches one for each wheel and they work independently. So it estimates the level of grip needed on a surface and activates it, even going as far as providing more power to the outside wheels during a turn.

10. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Here's a good article which explains exactly how the front and rear transmissions work on the FF.
    http://blog.caranddriver.com/funky-four-explaining-the-ferrari-ffs-two-gearbox-four-wheel-drive-system/

11. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    #761 stokpro, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Group of us were out driving today and spotted a red 308/328 southbound 405 near 522 interchange. What a day for a drive.

Copyright h2oskier
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    My brain is trying to place where that picture was taken, but alas it's failing... Happens with age ;)

I was in Woodinville near 522 around 2:30pm... Got behind (and stayed there) a beautiful red Porsche turbo on highway 9 heading south until he headed west on 522. I was in my 328, of course...

13. flyngti

flyngti Formula 3

Jul 16, 2009
    Snohomish, WA
    Full Name:
    Eric L
    Sunday as I was washing my DD at the Splash and Dash in Woodinville, I caught a glimpse (well, heard it really) of a red Testarossa heading south on 131st. Just gliding along slowly in traffic but it sounded NICE.

14. gpmotorsllc

gpmotorsllc Karting

Jun 27, 2011
    Camano Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Jon F Beutler Jr.
    Saw a 458 Italia- looked to be titanium in color- downtown Bellevue this evening. Rolled down the window... it sounded nice. Twas quite dark though so I didn't get a great look at it.

15. M Baker

M Baker Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2010
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Driving home last night 8:45PM I was next to a gray R8 from Penske Audi (no plate) southbound 405 to the 520 exit. On the outside it looked like it had driven over the pass.

16. 550Maranello575

550Maranello575 Formula 3

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    Tuesday in Seattle I saw a Black Maserati Gran Turismo at Pike Place, then a Yellow NSX down by the aquarium and later on a silver Nissan GTR.

I was quite surprised when I saw the driver of the Maserati get out of the car. It was a short, skinny and quite attractive Asian girl. The car also had some sort of badge on the back that looked like a Transformers symbol.

17. Cavallino Aficionado

Oct 3, 2006
    Lk. Tapps/Buckley WA
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Almost forgot, black FF in Issaquah Wednesday. Tags in the rear window... :) :)

Sexy curves she has. I want to stare for a while and study those lines with a drink in hand.

18. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    How did it look in the "wild"? Nasty like the popular consensus?

19. atomic80

atomic80 Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Where it always rain
    Full Name:
    Jason T
    One day I should take some shots of the FF "in the wild". I bet those would turn out nice.

20. blue62

blue62 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Rainyville, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Saw a yellow? (was dark so not sure) Gallardo SL while eating at Acropolis in Kirkland at about 7:00 tonight

21. TacElf

TacElf Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 15, 2010
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Just saw a wine red F430 on East Lake Sammamish heading north. It was just starting to rain :(

22. blue62

blue62 Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2009
    Rainyville, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    #772 blue62, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    Black Bentley GT on hwy99 in Lynnwood at about 10:50 and just saw a pretty good sounding black Exige drive by on 99 in Lynnwood while I was making a delivery

23. Jake C

Jake C Rookie

Jul 5, 2011
    Eastside of Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Silver / black Ford GT on I-90 headed west through Mercer Island @ noon today.

Driving in left lane @ 60 MPH - had about 10 cars lined up behind (including me in my commuter)

So I was forced to do the right lane pass - since I had places to go

24. sjberg40

sjberg40 Karting

Aug 12, 2007
    Lake Tapps, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Black 328GTS with ENZO vanity plates on Broadway just now. Looked great.

25. h2oskier

h2oskier F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2006
    inside someone hot
    Full Name:
    MJA
    Maybe he's talking about the driver StoryBook....Def not you tho...the other driver ;)