Hillbilly Ferrari GT4 | FerrariChat

Hillbilly Ferrari GT4

Discussion in '308/328' started by The Kook Abides, Mar 23, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    That interior was really hard to look at.

2. tempest411

tempest411 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2010
    While the car looks restorable, I fail to see what motivates a person to do these things to a car to begin with. I think the previous owner of this vehicle would have found a car more to his liking at the circus.

3. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    I'm reminded of the song Oh Yeah by Yello

4. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    #5 Matto, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
    Good lord, even a yellow Cavallino. I guess he/she drove this wearing Belushi's bee suit? Or, the previous owner is one of the Bugaloos? I like the wheels a bit, but the rest is way over the top. The windows are hideous, they make the whole car look like a pair of shooting glasses. Poor car, I hope that someone can bag it and bring it back from tastelessness (IMHO). This should be done to an old Civic, not a GT4.

5. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    The exterior sans the wheels is fine, I like the rear wing on the car too. I remember FAF Motorcars offered a wing for the GT4 and it was sourced from a Firebird. True. The interior is head ache inducing. Rare car but not very valuable.

6. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Can we say "My Redneck Ferrari"?

7. PittsS2APilot

PittsS2APilot Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2007
    Gulfport MS
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Mexicans!

8. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  9. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    They must not have a lot of dentists in Gaylordsville, Connecticut.

10. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    If the price is right this could be a great entrance into Dino ownership. A 208, it didn't say turbo so I presume it isn't. I still aspire to a 208 just to be able to say I have a 2 liter V8 to my friends with their sporty 2 liter 4 cyl cars.

11. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    If you want to drive it around with a paper bag over your head I guess it's okay but for me It's a disaster! Let's break it down:

new interior $10K and up after all there is no carpet and some of the trim is missing/modified.
    body work and paint $15-20K (It has a wing on it!)
    at minimum a major service $5000

That's $30K just to make it presentable.

We didn't even mention hoses, radiator, waterpump...

12. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    I'd do the work myself and would rather drive a ratty Dino than a ratty X1/9, not that there is anything wrong with a ratty Fiat.

I do find that the general public doesn't know what they are supposed to look like. I'd lose the wing and keep an eye on ebay for the interior bits and do a major service.

For most folks, remove the Ferrari badges and they don't know what a Dino is, no preconceived notions.

13. 124turbo

124turbo Rookie

Feb 22, 2007
    Franklin Park Il
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Buy it, pull the drivetrain out and sell it to fund an ls7 swap and take it drag racing..

14. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Not saying anything one way or another about the car but the seller is very well known in the area - been around for many years.

15. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    C'mon now play nice

16. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    #17 bert308, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
    I`m sorry but what a load of bullsh in this thread. I guess the owner had a lot of fun with his car unlike some of the sensible people who have to worry about the value of their 308.

17. tempest411

tempest411 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2010
    I don't think the criticisms have as much to do about the impact on the value of the car, but rather that the choice in 'style modifications' are quite gaudy and crude. It's the difference between a good painting of a beautiful woman done by an accomplished artist and a stick figure of a girl with giant boobs done by a stoned 17 year old boy.

18. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Heh heh. He said boobs :D

19. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Two thumbs up! :D

20. kaliforniakid

kaliforniakid Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2010
    sf bay area
    Full Name:
    erik
    sad, it has the rare euro bumpers as well for a US car... someone save it!

21. sammyb

sammyb Formula 3

Jun 23, 2006
    Where wife tells me
    Full Name:
    Sam
    The interior is horrible, but a can of black dye (okay, two, since it appears there is some yellow leather and some yellow vinyl as well) would go a long way. The wheels and wing aren't my cup of tea, but they're fine.

Carpets? a local shop can make a set of front carpets for a couple hundred bucks...and there's little more to the rears than simple floor mats. (Actually they're a little LESS than floor mats)

So if you do the work yourself, you're in it well under a grand.

22. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver

:rolleyes: ...is it true what they say?

23. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    Some say, that he keeps jelly beans in his underwear :p and that his mother once had to shave "her own" eyebrows, to improve his vision. :eek:

:cool: all we know is...

24. 50693

50693 Karting

Sep 12, 2006
    columbus, ohio
    #25 50693, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
    Guys do your selves a favor and run as fast and as far awAY FROM THIS CAR AS YOU CAN GET. DO NOT TRY AND RATIONALIZE ITS PURCHASE TO YOURSELVES This car has no redeaming values- other than scrap metal value. On top of every visable problem it has a lot of rust breaking thru alot of bondo on a very bad re-spray- all of this on top of obvious DOT/EPA compliance issues its just not worth wasting your time with the gov't re: compliance despite the fact that its over 25 yrs old ( th over 25 yrs old thing is not a one size fits all)- good luck hunting there are alot nicer cars out there The bid on e-bay is already just shy of 10k and the reserve has not been met. I keep reminding myselfof the oldest rule in the car business. What a car is bid to is irrellevant, only what it sells for is important