The Massa Sucks Thread *OF COURSE THERE ARE SPOILERS* | Page 37 | FerrariChat

The Massa Sucks Thread *OF COURSE THERE ARE SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Mar 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    How's that .165 treatin ya?

2. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    If Massa's pace was really just .165 behind Alonso's then the race must have been 10 times longer than scheduled since Massa ended up 97 seconds behind him at the end.

Sad to see Domenicali laugh off the idea of Perez replacing Massa. Perhaps they should both be replaced.

>8^)
    ER

3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    So how's your bright idea of Ferrari firing Alonso working out for you?

While I'm at it, RP, Alonso just turned a turd into a race winner. Hope you enjoyed the race big guy!

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I shrugged off the idea of big firings.

Well, no more.

That Massa is still around after a disastrous 2011 is shocking and unbelievable. The guy had 139 points LESS than his team mate that year.

Zero 1sts, zero seconds and zero thirds?

This year, two races in and still ZERO points? Perez at Sauber of all teams is leading him 22 to ZERO?

This is just proof that Ferrari need not be given extra money for sucking. They need to have their bull**** historical bonus taken away from them, and that nay for they get that other teams don't, get shoved up LdM's pointless Italian ass.

5. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Sorry but Massa has to go, so far he is so far off Alonso's pace it's a joke! So Alonso wins Massa what 14th/15th. Perez needs to take his seat. Who would have thought the red dog is leading the WDC (thats a reference to the car)? Alonso drove a faultless race... Hamilton looked fed up... outpaced again in the best car on the grid! Red Bull also seem to be in trouble.

6. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Thread title stands.

Did we just witness Massa's last drive for Ferrari?

7. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    No disrespect to Massa, but he has never been the same since the accident (Germany 2010 the exception). He is so far off Alonso's pace it is an embarresment, he did not even have an accident to pin it on this time. Alonso dragged the maximum out of the dog that is this years car. Guess the rain minimised the friction in the near horizontal pull rods!

8. JNT

JNT Karting

Nov 30, 2002
    Atlanta, GA

Maybe not this race, but I cannot see him making to the end of the season like this. There's only so much of this one can defend.

Smedleys reaction to his gaffe in the corner after being urged on to catch rosberg said it all. They are not happy with the car, but the team has clearly lost confidence in him.

The way Fernando drove an underperforming car to victory today is the stuff of legends. The kind of driving Senna was known for. Even the pit crew was spot on in trying conditions turning in great pits stops times where other teams faltered. Massa was the only weak link in the team today. The next three weeks of scuderia criticism will be focused entirely on him. The F2012 is improving, the team is fighting, but i dont see the fighting spirit in massa. I wanted him to make a successful comeback from his accident, but now he is just dead weight. If the second car is going to finish low on the grid every race this year, Ferrari might as well use it's seat to develop a younger, hungrier, and better talent in it.

I do like Perez. If he keeps this up he will have a huge following at The US Grand Prix in Austin. Hopefully, he'll be driving for Ferrari.

9. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Pretty sure Perez will be wearing Red in China. Either that or I will find them a better cab driver in Shanghai!

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I also must agree, Massa is finished, not only at Ferrari but in f.1.
    He simply has not got the pace anymore. To tell you guys the truth, it´s a miracle how he as managed to outdrive Fernando in a few races after his accident. Nobody knows for sure but it´s obvious he never fully recovered from his injuries, and at a sport like f.1, if you are only at 95% you don´t stand a chance.
    When Felipe made his first test after the accident, everybody was told that it had been a success, that he was fine.....but he wasn´t. I can´t be too specific but i can assure he was not fine and that there were some problems during his test, specially at higher speeds (it´s amazing the way Ferrari as kept this from public, and how they´ve been protecting him).
    When i saw him at his first race in 2010 i still had hopes but with time, it was clear he would never be able to drive at the level he did before. It really makes me sad see the way Felipe is driving because to me, he was the real and deserving champion in 08, and to me he had become the best driver in the field in 09. For all that, it´s painfull to watch him strugle to keep the pace with guys that were miles behind him before his accident. For his own sake, felipe should simply recognize he can´t do it anymore and that his f.1 days are over...it´s humilliating for someone with his talent to make such a poor showing, and there is nothing he can do about it, it must be very frustrating. Felipe was may favourite driver (along with Kimi) and honestly, i prefer to remind him as the great driver he was than to keep on watching him driving in the back of the field race after race. It´s not his fault, he obviously want´s to keep trying, and i admire him for that but enough is enough, and someone close to him should really tell him that. This said, Felipe will always have my respect as teh fine driver he once was, and also because he was in many ways responsible for 3 titles Ferrari won...and if a fourth is missing, he was not to blame.

11. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Thats a fair assessment of the situation. The biggest issue is in 2009 how the hell did a spring fall off an F1 car.....

12. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Are people aware that Alonso and Massa don't just walk into the F1 showroom, pick out a car, and start driving?

There is an entire team effort behind each of the cars.

And, admittedly, the operation behind Massa isn't working.

It's painful, watching Massa driving a parade float and dropping backwards through the field.

But that's not just Massa, any more than it's just Rod Smedley. It's the entire Ferrari "second unit".

Massa's top lap time isn't very far off Alonso's. But there's a whole different strategy going on.

Who CARES if the tires are preserved, if you fall out of the points?

Twas a time that it appeared Ferrari hedged its bet by having Alonso go for the front and Massa drive a conservative race to collect points.
    And the earlier years has shown the value of keeping the red cars separated, so Alonso doesn't punt Massa into the grass (potentially taking out both cars).

But in this chassis. That ain't gonna work. Yes, trying to move through the field with that chassis is going to burn tires, as the car slides around. Can't be helped, without fixing the handling.

(Anyone notice the graphics on Fri practice? The pit designator kept blinking on and off on Massa. That's pretty clear: one lap, and back for another tweak. Classic process of trying to balance the suspension.)

But there's no points for having tires at the end of the race, if you're down in 15th.

At this point, Ferrari needs to have Massa drive the wheels off it. If he runs out of tires halfway through, at least he isn't just driving a street sweeper for the whole race.

Alonso has shown: You have to be up front to pounce on what good fortune the F1 tooth fairy drops on you.

Ferrari needs both drivers to roll the dice. Slow and steady will get this chassis nowhere.

13. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Hard to see how Domenicali belives there is a future for Massa.... I mean 90s behind Alonso, so thats about 1.5s a lap.

14. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    Don't mistake me for a Massa fan I'm far from it. I just think you guys are wasting your time calling for his head day after day when the real problems lie elsewhere in the team. Yay, a win in the rain when it was gifted by pit strategy and the car was run down 3 times by Sauber at half a second a lap. It's still a complete friggin turd and I stand by my statement that Alonso is probably way over rated in developing the car. Let's see how the rest of the season goes with the POS.

15. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    To Ferrari SpA:

Please replace Massa with Perez ASAP.

16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    It's not like Hamilton - also on the mediums like Alonso and unlike Perez who was on the hards - was catching Alonso.

Is the the Mac also a turd, then? They had the whole race to overturn a "gifted" situation and they didn't.

17. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    Possibly. Doesn't make the Ferrari any less of a turd.

18. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    And the chassis being a turd doesn't change the fact that post-crash Massa sucks...

19. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    Never said it did.

20. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Exactly.

Just want to add that I realize that it appears that Alonso is making miracles with that car, but I don't think he is. He's basically doing what every other top-line driver does, that is, squeezing every last ounce of performance out of the car. It just appears like he's making miracles because Massa is so much slower.

Sauber would be crazy to give up Perez now, so I don't think that will happen this year. Too bad about the baggage Sutil is carrying because I think he would bring a pretty good level of speed and a different perspective on how a car and engine can behave.

21. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    There's no need to be so crude. :rolleyes:

All the best,
    Andrew.

22. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    That was the clean version. And far from crude compared to a lot of what has been posted in this thread.

23. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

From another thread as posted by Ferraripilot"

The Sauber had more fastest laps then anyone followed by Ferrari. The Ferrari simply proved it is good in the raind het crap evrrywhere else, and those aren't my words but Alonso's who said this win changes nothing. Consistency and smart tire choices won that thing.

24. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice to see the thread title amended.

25. becker

becker Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2001
    Arlington VA
    Full Name: