Hillbilly Ferrari GT4 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hillbilly Ferrari GT4

Discussion in '308/328' started by The Kook Abides, Mar 23, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davehudds

davehudds Rookie

Aug 3, 2011
    W Yorkshire England
    Full Name:
    David Todd
    #26 davehudds, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    Crazy good call on the rims. Those might be worth more then the whole car!

3. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    arent those lancia stratos rims? I'm digging those as a way to tie the two bertone designs

4. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    Forza is a great shop. I almost bought a euro 308 Qv from Peter a few months ago. He went out of his way to tell me the cars flaws. ( I wanted a beater driver)

GT4's can be fun if bought right, but I have a warning for you guys:

I had a euro, 1978 "208gt4". it was slow.

Let me say that again: 308's are "slow" sports cars as it is, this cars was "REALLY" slow.
    Car made great noises, revved all the way to red line, just did not go anywhere, quickly.

5. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Compliance? What compliance- if it's ever had a USA title you're all set.

We are all getting so used to underpricing every 308, 328 and Mondial that some good people wind up passing on some good cars. Not this one however- it's not a good example- though 208s are super rare- Yeah they're slow but so is a 66 911 and they're going for HUGE money.

I think a really nice well preserved 208 would be a cool car to own. Look, 246 Dinos are not exactly neck snappers either. Old 250SL and 280SLs are dog slow and zooming up in price.

I think this car will probably sell for $15K or so- a lot in todays marketplace given low $20Ks values for much, much more original 308GT4s. We'll all chuckle in 15 years when we look back at these prices. I think the coming all-electric vehicles and increasing computerization of cars will make some of these 70s, 80s and 90s "borderline classics" incredibly desirable in the near future.

6. DavidDriver

DavidDriver F1 Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Grass Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    David Driver
    :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

And you might have just a little more room to get around the engine too! :p

7. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    Many people get into these things because they like to see the progress of making them how they prefer. There could be a very solid car underneath some of the interesting accessories, and there aren't many of these to select from.

8. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    Even worse to sit in.

9. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    +1 and also agree with an earlier comment that the POV probably had a great time with this car. I'd love to see someone take this and just maintain it and enjoy it as it is, as a perfect antidote to a concours car. You might need a bit of a sense of humour...but if you could keep a straight face then it would be fun driving it to a concours event or C+C and watch people choke on their coffee. If and when the values rise then it may be worth bringing it back to original condition...but it needs to survive until then first

10. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt
    #35 Fave, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  11. gel69

gel69 Rookie

Oct 26, 2011
    Bartow FL
    Full Name:
    Gil Laplanche
    look at the bright side of this: you do not need to fit the car with an anti thef device...;o)

12. MNExotics

MNExotics F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 13, 2010
    Good Thunder
    Full Name:
    Ben Gruenzner
    @ $10,700 the reserve has been met. This might not be that bad of a buy depending on what you want to do. Re-dye the seats and strip the yellow tint off the indows and have the wheels repainted would make a presentable car. Build a "budget Ferrari" racer. Part the car out as it has some seriously desireable parts aside from the glass and panels, all of the engine accesories, and wiring harnesses. Possible original Stratos wheels, brake calipers, better looking bumpers, single dizzy distributor and the engine heads. If I recall Michelotto used 208 heads for their race engines and I do not recall the exact cam specs but they were pretty hot.

13. Aurum

Aurum Karting

Nov 4, 2009
    CT
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sold at $11.2k, got think this is a great deal! I was tempted myself just to try and flip in a couple years after some new wheels, toned down interior, and removal of the tint. As an one poster mentioned, the stratos wheels could be sold separately. New owner, enjoy!!