Pfaff Oakville | FerrariChat

Pfaff Oakville

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TrueBlue02Vert, Mar 31, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrueBlue02Vert

TrueBlue02Vert Karting

Apr 21, 2010
    Oakville, ON
    Does anyone know what's going on with Pfaff Oakville? I drive by the other day and the place was empty --- and for lease. Did they more to another location or did the Oakville shop close its doors?

2. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
  3. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Do you know for sure if they really had an agreement there? Pfaff is a serious show and I dont see it going down that easy. I dont know the story but maybe they simply tried to only do a used section there just to see how it goes? Who knows...

4. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Vasco, I don't know the full story. But I'm just assuming that Pfaff had to leave because the new dealership is taking over the Oakville territory.

True that Pfaff is a serious show...but there are only a few people who know the real story. I don't know why Pfaff didn't get the new location, its a strange scenario.

But my congratulations go out to the new owners on getting the dealership.

5. TrueBlue02Vert

TrueBlue02Vert Karting

Apr 21, 2010
    Oakville, ON
    I was just kind of curious. I know that the new Porsche dealership is under construction as we speak, but as ClassicFerrari said, Pfaff is a pretty serious show.

Since the Pfaff Oakville location was 'Pfaff Leasing' (not a new Porsche dealership, but a used vehicle dealer) I thought this might be a way around any territory arrangements they may have had with the manufacturer.

Maybe the closing is related to the new store opening ... maybe not. As I said, I was just curious.

6. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    Its part of the Policaro group in Brampton....they own several dealerships there and Acura of Barrie as well. I went to school at Georgian College with Francesco Jr. who is the new GM of Porsche Oakville.

Chris

7. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Correct, they are the owners....and Francesco Jr. is my neighbour.

8. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    Wow!! Small world. Most of the "dealer kids" I went to school with we're snobby jerks, but Francesco was pretty cool and never found him arrogant or spoiled at all!!

9. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    The details I do not know, nor do I want to get too involved.

Pfaff Oakville was renamed Pfaff Outlet awhile ago. Not to long after being renamed to Pfaff Outlet it was relocated to Woodbridge. It is now located in Woodbridge only a block or two from Pfaff Porsche and Mclaren.

Pfaff Porsche was getting a huge renovation last time I stopped by. They do not have Porsche Oakville but they do have Leaven's-Pfaff Porsche in London. BTW Chris Leavens graduated from the Automotive Program at Georgian so come to our Autoshow on June 1,2,3 to see the next generation.

10. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Lol, why am I not surprised !

11. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I went to high school with Francesco so the world is even smaller. It was funny because at the time his dad ran Acura 2000 and he would have a new Acura every 2 weeks. He told me that it was much better for his dad to 'demo' cars for about 2 weeks than take the hit of depreciation of driving a new car for 1 or 2 years. Really nice guy and not spoiled at all.

12. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    The used car section is right next door to Pfaff's Porsche actually.

And they now bought Leavens? Cool, if I remember correctly..the owner of Leavens was on here. He had/has a Ferrari or two!

13. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    Its always good to hear about good people in the business when theres a lot of bad apples....and edifying to hear other people have had good experiences with Francesco.

Chris

14. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    The used car section is also the new car section for a brief period while they are renovating the building. Service is in the regular building but no sales are happening there. Pfaff Outlet is a little bit up the street in one of those units on Trowers Road.

Leavens and Pfaff partnered in the Porsche dealership when I was there. I do not know how the partnership is standing right now.

15. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I think franseco and I share the same landscaper.

16. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    The world gets even smaller. Francesco is a name I NEVER considered for either of my daughters.

17. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    You were feeling left out too Jamie ? LOL

Long time bud, how are you?

18. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Good man, you?

19. Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck Karting

Sep 11, 2011
    Newmarket Ontario
    Full Name:
    John
    For what it's worth, Pfaff in Newmarket (Yonge Street dealership selling Audi and VW) is moving locations to Leslie and Mulock in a brand new building. Still has a way to go before anybody could occupy the site. Not certain if Porsche will find it's way up here or not.

20. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Any day I'm not pushing up daisies is a good day ;)

See you around this Summer ,stay well !