Mecum California | FerrariChat

Mecum California

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Patrnflyr, Apr 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    Did anybody see that California that just sold at the Mecum auto auction in Houston? It was an all option black/tan 2010 with 6000 miles and went for $177,500. Isn't that low? Everyone I've seen has been +$200K!!

I guess when you try to auction these cars, you run the risk of low-balling the sale price...

John

2. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I saw the car and also thought it was a very highly optioned car, but I didn't actually see an option list. Also, the car was dark blue (possibly TDF Blue) and not black. The tan qucitera (diamond patern) interior looked really nice.

3. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Some of the press cars or demo cars get sold at a discount. But it is a buyers market for exotics.

4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    did that include buyers premium?

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm with Hawkeye. I saw this car and it did not include the premium. So, that's like adding on the sales commission if he car sold in a dealer.

I didn't think the car was that special. I think it was red/tan, it would have gone higher. Also, if you look at that auction, it was one of the highest bid cars all day. There was not a lot of money there.

In any event, someone probably got a bargain. Personally, I would never buy a car like this at auction. You can't see the records, you can't inspect it, and you can't drive it. That may also have effected the price.

6. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    It was a good deal... Car was optioned well - I have seen plenty of 7-9k mile cars selling for 177-186 all well optioned - all 2010

With the 2013 starting to arrive these cars will take a bigger hit soon

7. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    so, what was the price with buyers premium (do they have one?)?

Doesn't seem out of line to me fwiw.

8. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    I think 6 percent