Thoughts on this 85 308 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Thoughts on this 85 308

Discussion in '308/328' started by Patton, Apr 15, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patton

Patton Karting

Feb 22, 2012
    Greenville SC
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Antenna maybe?

2. samson

samson Karting

Aug 20, 2005
    Port Saint Lucie, Fl
    Full Name:
    Sam Goldstein
    That's for the power antenna.

3. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Yep, power antenna switch (on my '85)

4. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Hey Everyone,

I am the son of the car owner. Some of you may remember me, I've been a member for a loooooong time and participated in many Crystal Cove and weekend drive events. I'd be happy to answer any questions about the car or clear anything up, I know a ton about it.

As others have said, that is definitely not a FRAM filter, we made sure to use the correct one. The red light on the center console is for the aftermarket alarm system. I believe it was installed when the car was newish, or at least well before we owned it, and it works well. The front and rear release handles say "Don't Open" because the previous owner was very anal about the car. When he would take the car to be washed and detailed he did not want the workers opening them up because closing them can be tricky (the pushpin for the front hood and ensuring both sides of the rear latch properly). The cables certainly aren't broken.

This car has been fantastic to my dad and I and helped shape who I am today. I am now a huge car buff - I restored my first car as a father/son project, a 1969 Ford Mustang, and am now always tinkering with my cars, I'm the family detailer, etc. As I said before, let me know if any of you have any question, I'll be sure to keep checking the site (even though I've been MIA for a couple years :D)!

5. Matto

Matto Formula 3

Dec 26, 2011
    Mooresville, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    That's Baldwin red.

6. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    It's probably not out of line for a no-issues '85 308 with 53K miles. If it's due for a major, a reputable independent Ferrari tech in San Diego charges ~$5000 for that, so I would certainly factor that in and consider it a $40K car. You won't be making money on this, so make sure you like how it looks and drives.

I like that it has old California plates on it - might mean it has been out here for a while. But if it's by the coast you'll still want to check it over for rust. Ferrari started zinc coating for corrosion protection in '84, but given that this car is 28 years old I wouldn't assume anything.

7. Patton

Patton Karting

Feb 22, 2012
    Greenville SC
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Hello!
    Spoke with your father today and hoping to close the deal this weekend. I promise to take good care of it and continue its legacy.