Finally!! Got a Viper!!! | FerrariChat

Finally!! Got a Viper!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Webby, Apr 18, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    #1 Webby, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've been waiting for this day for 24 years! :)

Picked her up today and have driven about 100 miles so far... taking a break to post photos and then I'm hitting the road again! omg I love this car!!!

Exchanged thumbs up with with a red Ferrari 348 downtown... let me know if you're on here!

Mr. Dan C. will be taking some shots for me in May, looking forward to that as well
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Even the brick is reptilian.

Have fun and then some!

3. hertj94

hertj94 Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2010
    Northwest Suburbs IL
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Congrats! Looks like an awesome ride! Hopefully i'll spot you soon ;)

4. pr3par32die

pr3par32die Formula 3

Sep 11, 2010
    Skokie
    Full Name:
    Matt
    OMG! That's fantastic! You're downtown alot, right? Hopefully I'll see you driving around! Looks like so much fun, a convertible! Is the V-10 loud?!

5. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Nice car, I had a silver mamba like that. Best move get a belanger complete exhaust. Will turn the car into a BEAST.

6. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    Sweet! I've had every generation viper and they are the best bang for you buck!

But you should have bought my 03 silver one last year, I sold it for $31k!!!

7. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Thanks all! Yes I will be downtown a lot, if you see me say hi

Thanks for the recommendation, I was going to ask about exhausts. The stock is louder than I expected though!

Wow, somebody got a great deal!

Total for today was 130 miles... already got an effing ticket for no front plate. Can I dispute that at all since I just got it and the car does not come with any front mounting brackets? Sometimes I really hate this city...

8. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Congrats, Andrew!

9. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    #9 Webby, Apr 19, 2012
  10. pr3par32die

pr3par32die Formula 3

Sep 11, 2010
    Skokie
    Full Name:
    Matt
    No sir! Lol. There's an R8 downtown that keeps his front plate in the trunk (front) and when he parks, he zip-ties it. I was actually going to suggest that. He only put it on when he parked. Were you driving when you were ticketed?

11. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    I was parked. I've also seen rainmaker putting his front plate on when he parks

I may or may not have been enjoying the acoustics of lower wacker just now... this much fun shouldn't be legal! ....................

Also came outside to see a blonde posing for pictures in front of it. Sadly her boyfriend was taking them

12. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Congrats. Enjoy and drive it in the best of health.

13. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    Looks incredible!!!

:) Looking forward to it as well!

14. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    You got a ticket for no front plate while parked?

That's insane.

Nice ride.

Erik

15. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Two thumbs up!

16. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    First, GREAT CAR! The Viper is on my bucket list. Second, go to the hearing office on Addison just west of Western. I have gotten out of two plate tickets there. Take a picture of the front indicating that it does not have brackets. Then take a picture of the car with the plate "affixed" sans shoe laces (try double sided tape). Tell the hearing officer you just got the car and had not found a way to affix the plate but it is now on the car. As a general rule I HIGLY recommend using the Addison office because the hearing officers tend to be attorneys who need the money. In my experience, most people don’t give them basic respect and it costs them. If you bring pictures and are nicely dressed, they tend to give you a warning and send you on your way. All you have to lose is about a half hour of your time. They stop hearing complaints around 3:30 or 4:00. Good Luck!

17. farrbar

farrbar Karting

Sep 28, 2006
    Chicagoland
    I have owned 5 vipers and I have an extra bracket that allows front plate w/o drilling. Pm me. Congrats on the purchase.

18. farrbar

farrbar Karting

Sep 28, 2006
    Chicagoland
    #18 farrbar, Apr 21, 2012
    The bracket is rubber/plastic and just slides over the slat on the front fascia. I cant find any great pics, but the attached gives you the idea. Oh, and please disregard the gun case in the front seat of the jag......

19. *fill-up*

*fill-up* Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2011
    Orland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Phillip K
    Thats a nice set of cars!

20. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Congrats! Car looks great

21. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Congrats and enjoy the new toy!
    I am going to need to talk to you about it after you have some more drive time. I am looking at adding a Viper to the collection.

22. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    #22 Webby, Apr 25, 2012
    Thanks for the advice! I stopped by today, apparently you have to schedule the hearing first but they should be mailing me with a date to come in.

Thanks to farrbar I now have a removable front plate bracket & some other cool Viper merchandise!

I'd be more than happy to :) I've put on about 800 miles so far... there is about an inch thick of grime coating the car esp. the wheels. They are so filthy they look like gunmetal from a distance. The streak is where I ran my finger through

23. farrbar

farrbar Karting

Sep 28, 2006
    Chicagoland
    As long as you are not going to track the car, I suggest EBC Green brake pads, otherwise the brake dust on Vipers can be brutal.

24. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Awesome, glad you're getting to enjoy and drive it.

25. autowerks racing

Jul 16, 2008
    Very nice car. I had a silver 03 srt. A few recommendations based off close to 100,000 miles seat time....get rid of the run flats if they are still on the car. As well, invest in a short throw kit or even just an MGW shifter. Makes a world of difference for every day driveability. I ran belanger headers, random tech hi flows and corsa track exhaust. A little loud but a great combination.
    A good parts supplier is JonB at Partsrack and DC Performance in California.