62 GTO for $9500. | FerrariChat

62 GTO for $9500.

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by dpklein, Apr 4, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dpklein

dpklein Rookie

May 3, 2005
    bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Klein
    I was shown a 1:8 scale GTO today at the Ralph Lauren store. I have searched this thread to get more information on these models, but was unable to find anything. Does anyone know who really makes these models? The price of $9500 seemed a little steep, but the quality was exquisite. Are these collectible?

2. Peperbus

Peperbus Karting

Jul 8, 2008
    The Netherlands (071
    Full Name:
    Ton
  3. PAT30

PAT30 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 15, 2007
    France
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    The manufacturer is "Amalgam". But sales of Ralph Lauren 's models are exclusive at the Ralph Lauren stores.

4. Tomax

Tomax Karting

Apr 27, 2004
    Not my era, but were the seats blue fabric from the overalls initially?

5. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    Hi Daniel - I distribute these models within N. America. I have the standard (and comp. by special order) 250 GTO in stock for waaaaaay less money. Email me to [email protected] so I can send you detailed photos.

Morry
    FChat sponsor

6. desire308

desire308 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2007
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    Is that a specific GTO or a "generic" ?

7. desire308

desire308 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2007
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Peter W
    From the factory yes, bare aluminum interior with a hammered gold finish, no lap belts, etc. They were all a little different but similar being hand built and all ;) I did a short series of models , the "Graber Modified" GTO, and it had a leather interior but it was not factory.