348 Wheels - Anyone know what these are originally from? | FerrariChat

348 Wheels - Anyone know what these are originally from?

Discussion in '348/355' started by fatmanscustoms, Apr 23, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatmanscustoms

Jan 4, 2012
    Aston/Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Joe Barbiere
    #1 fatmanscustoms, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Everyone,

This is my first post since joining the forum and buying my 348 (love the car now and always have since I was a teenager), and I first wanted to say "Thank You" for all the great information that I've read up to date from all of the members. Now to my question; Does anyone know the original application of the wheels that are currently on my car in the picture? I know they are Speedline's, 17x9F (can't find the offset) and 17x10R 44ET (widened to 17x11, the 44ET is before the widening) and are set very nicely within the wells. The centercaps are screw-on types, with a 2-pin spanner wrench needed for removal. I'm looking to update the car with a newer factory wheel, and would like to know what the current wheels were originally fitted to so that I can describe them correctly if I sell them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    I know nothing of the wheels Joe, but I want to welcome you to Ferrari Chat. :)

Congrats on the 348 also. This forum is a wealth of information, I hope you take care and enjoy. :)

3. anxpert

anxpert Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Oceanside, CA
    Full Name:
    Enrique Mar
    Wheels are common to the 308 / 328 series.

I've sent a PM, as I have a full set of 355 wheels, which some owners fit to their 348s. I would be interested in your wheels as a possible exchange.

Congrats on your car !

4. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Hit up Plugzit, as he has the same style rims on his 358. And yes that is not a typo, I did type 3-5-8. ;)

You have a pm Enrique.

5. TheOnlyest

TheOnlyest Formula 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Las Vegas Nevada, US
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #5 TheOnlyest, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    Those are late 80's 2-peice modular Testarossa wheels.

6. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    #6 vvassallo, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We were told that those wheels were the original 348 Challenge wheels, before the 18" Speedlines. The TR's are similar.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    The wheels are called Speedline 'Mistral'. Yeah...late '80s thru early '90s' products. Mistrals were then superseded by the later 'Alessio', with thinner spokes and 18"diameter.