2012 NFL Draft | FerrariChat

2012 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 458beast, Apr 24, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 458beast

458beast Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2011
    rainy
    Full Name:
    Will
    #1 458beast, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Whos your team and whos your wanted pick.

I heard there's going to be a lot of trading from 3-15. But I do think it starts with:

1. Luck
    2. Griffin 3
    3. Kalil (pronounced correctly?)

My Team Steelers:

24: Hightower 'Bama
    or Barron 'Bama.

A dream pick would be trade up and get Trent Richardson, maybe trade Mendenhall and Wallace for him...

Salary doesn't matter anymore so there will be much more trading going on. I think I'll be up from 2-am to see the first pick to about 4am when my team picks, I just hope I'm not dissapointed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 458beast

458beast Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2011
    rainy
    Full Name:
    Will
    Woman sets her scandalous eyes on next Mr. Irrelevant
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82896421/article/woman-sets-her-scandalous-eyes-on-next-mr-irrelevant?module=HP11_content_stream

The stakes just got higher in the seventh round of the 2012 NFL Draft.

In the latest sign the Internet is data in the form of a fever dream, a New York City woman posted a video on YouTube in which she ... well ... let's have her explain.

"Whoever is this year’s Mr. Irrelevant is going to have himself a night ... alone ... with me," she coos on the vid (via Larry Brown Sports). "And our time together, I guarantee you, will be anything but irrelevant."

Unless you're Kenneth Parcell from "30 Rock," you should be able to figure out what she's insinuating here.

(Hint: It's not backgammon at Washington Square Park.)

Is this a fake? Perhaps. But just in case, beware of this Mrs. Irrelevant succubus on the loose in Gotham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDoXWDLwTO8&feature=youtu.be

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That lady looks crazy.

I'll be at a bar, but I'll be checking my phone continuously I'm sure. LOL.

4. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I'm sure the Rams will find some way to screw the draft up again this year, :)

The only 2 recent picks IMO that have panned out for the Rams have been Steven Jackson and Chris Long. You have to go back to Orlando Pace for the third most recent smart pick by them.

5. 458beast

458beast Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2011
    rainy
    Full Name:
    Will
    What about Sam Bradford? I was unsure about him, also about Luck (bust) and Grififn will probably be a mid 80's rating all his career like mcnabb.

I never liked the Matthew Stafford pick, but looks like the Lions won big on that one.

It's tonight I'mmmmm soooooooooo excited, back in the 2010 draft I really wanted Earl Thomas, I was so upset we didn't get him lol.

So this year I really want Dont'a Hightower or Mark Barron, I'll be on my laptop watching it through NFL Network.

I can't take ESPN's coverage, last year they revelead the picks in writing before they actually announced it... idiots thanks for spoiling that.

6. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think Bradford is a solid qb, but is a victim of the team around him.

I agree about revealing the pick spoilers. The local radio show was discussing Monday or Tuesday that the league needs to put a muzzle on Shefter and anyone else from ESPN.

7. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Bradford seems too lightly-built to take a pounding for several seasons in the NFL. He is more or less like a normal size guy. I think he has everything else, but will suffer injuries throughout his career.

I am also not sold on Luck. Everyone acts like he is the next Manning. But then at the time remember the big debate was whether Ryan Leaf or Manning would be better. So even the experts can get it very wrong sometimes. If anyone also remembers Trent Green, he had to get hurt for a guy named Kurt Warner to get a chance to play in the NFL, and that seemed to work out. Again the press experts, and apparently every coach except Dick Vermiel, got it wrong too.

RG3 will be more like Vick, although hopefully without the personal problems and a better arm. Vick in his prime was more or less unstoppable as a runner, but the team around him wasn't very good. If the Redskins can build a team around his unique talents, he will be successful.

8. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I slightly disagree with your RG3 comment. He can be like Vick, but I believe RG3 himself has said running is the last/worst case scenario. Whereas Vick tends to be apt to run and then throw. I think some have also said he's a much better runner than Vick too.

Either way, I'm excited to see who comes out on top.

9. 458beast

458beast Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2011
    rainy
    Full Name:
    Will
    I do feel sorry for qb's taken very early on, most of them are victims around a bad team, Colt Mccoy has been the Browns qb now for 2 years, He hasn't got 1 receiver yet, they haven't bothered, will they FINALLY take Blackmon or someone to help him out... I do feel sorry for them since they are set up for failure apart from a few.

Didn't Griffin come from a military family? he's said all the right things in the interviews I've listened to, he may just become my new favourite player after earl thomas... And he has got a great arm.

Shanahan will obviously make it work, he's just about to pick his franchise quarterback, if things turn for the worse and this pick was a mistake, this is about another 5 years wasted for draft picking, because next year they will probably need another pick and things just pile up like Detroit (who finally got it right with Stafford).

Tundraphile, must hurt to be a Rams fan, I guarantee if Steven Jackson was on a good team his whole career, he would probably be the best back in the league.

1 hour to go.

10. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    You mention McCoy, how about Blaine Gabbert at Jacksonville. He has a good runningback in Jones-Drew, but nothing else. There were times last year where he looked absolutely shellshocked. If you don't have a line or receivers, you may as well have a standing appointment for the hot tub in the training room.

If Gabbert or McCoy ever have successful seasons, they will look back at their early years an wonder how they ever survived.

11. 458beast

458beast Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2011
    rainy
    Full Name:
    Will
    Well this draft has taught the Rams and Buccaneers a lesson, with the new rookie contracts and all, don't trade back too far or you definitley won't get who you want.

Claiborne went to Dallas, and Rams get their "C" choice.

Don't know what the Browns were thinking of getting Weeden, at 29, he will bring instability, you can't build around him because in about 3-4 more year's it's getting into retirement age.

Loved the Steelers draft, we did really well, Sean Spence has become my new favourite Steeler.

12. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Very happy with the Texans picks. Jacoby Jones should be scared.

13. 458beast

458beast Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2011
    rainy
    Full Name:
    Will
    He should be now of James Harrison LOL