my spider is here.... | FerrariChat

my spider is here....

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by johns930, Apr 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    the non-stop local rain couldnt dampen my excitement to see my spider which arrived more than a month early. So i have to thank ferrari for making me poorer sooner.

The stitching color and seat contrast colors are off and different from what the supposively excellent dealer configurator leads me to believe. Will have to look into that later.

But first off, i went to see it right away because i have never ordered nor seen crema, or a crema steering wheel and stalk combo.
    well, Im glad i didnt faint when i saw it for the first time, which i couldnt say on my last Italia. The crema steering contrasts the carbon shift paddles PERFECTLY! They look awesome and make the carbon jump out nicely. I wonder why i didnt choose that color before!

I took some iphone pics and just spend an hour in awe that im getting my second 458.......... which will be my last i promise.
    Its not untill i got home that i realize i forgot to take pictures of it with the top down @#$%^&*???!!!!!
    i think i just kinda forgot this is my first ever convertible (CGT dont count).

i was too busy admiring the beautiful shapes of the car, and its basically a totally different look than my italia (or im subconsciously convincing myself that).
    Maybe im used to my italia which is already crazy spec-ed, but i think the spider looks better and has a more aggressive coupe like contour. The sides and the rear quarter stance have a presence that the italia doesnt. (again might be drinkin the spider-koolaid here).

Well, i have to say the spider is much much better looking than the italia, epecially because my italia is gone and im retarded enough AGAIN to buy 2 of basically the same thing.

pics here :

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/rennpository-video-clips-and-other-in-line-videos/693634-spider.html

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I would never have chosen this but I have to tell you, it really works. I'm impressed!

I'm really curious to see it with the seat covers and carpet covers off. I think it looks amazing in yellow!

When do you get to drive it?

3. Rcktrod

Rcktrod F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2010
    USA
    WOW! Congrats on your new spider. All the best wishes!

4. nexlogic

nexlogic Karting

Apr 26, 2012
    California
    Congrats! Looks awesome.

Did you order new wheels for it?

5. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    u cant spec those spider looking rims from the factory, u have to order them from the parts department.
    i like what i have on now, but u never know....

6. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    i love to go crazy, so i really toned down on the spider this time, here was my white Italia, i know it drives awesome. haha :

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/rennpository-video-clips-and-other-in-line-videos/619201-matt-458-a.html

7. radix

radix Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    Looks really nice!

but, I gotta say I would not be brave enough to put crema in the highest contact areas. I see blue jeans in those pics... my last crema colored leather interior was always getting dye transfer from jeans...might have to adopt a strictly sport coat, khaki and driving glove look for rides in this one !

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I like it except for the wheels. I prefer the sport wheels.

9. oedipol

oedipol Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    HKG
    #9 oedipol, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    congratulations!

I love the combo! in fact i am ordering my italia in the same combo: giallo and crema! nice interior appointments, i esp like the 2 tone alcantara seats !

You have great taste in car !

10. FA007

FA007 Rookie

Apr 16, 2012
    Congratulations!!

Hopefully it doesn't get too dirty, due to the super light color on high contact areas, like the steering wheel. LOL

Bold man.

11. henryenzo

henryenzo Karting

Jan 16, 2012
    Wow. That is wild. Congrats

12. Santi

Santi Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2009
    Miami Beach
    Full Name:
    Javier Santiago
    That sure is a custom work, congrats~!!! =)

13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    John, that is fantastically unique! Can you tell us the serial number?

14. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Congratulations on a rare 458! That interior is extremely striking! Great color!

15. RBK

RBK F1 Rookie

Jul 27, 2006
    Calif and Nev
    Full Name:
    Bob
    It seems U.S. cars, for the most part, are red, black, yellow and some types of grey with either black or tan interiors. Outside the U.S. there appears to be more diversity and experimentation. Very interesting and different, good luck and enjoy. Best

16. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Nice car.

I hate you just like I hate all the other 458 Spider owners cause I am jealous. Glad I got that off my chest.

17. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Just comes up as a blank page for me - don't see any pictures at all. Could you just upload the pictures?

David

18. Wildrhino

Wildrhino Rookie

Jan 11, 2012
    Sandbanks
    David, retry using a different browser. Will be quicker than getting him to upload again :)

19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Congrats - Enjoy in good health. Yellow looks nice.
    Is that medium blue and cream leather interior ?

20. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Stunning 458 spider. I especially like the inteior, a really great combination of colours which works really well.

21. 612scag

612scag Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2010
    What a beauty! Enjoy your car in great health.

22. mathematics

mathematics Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    LeatherFoot
    Congrats!
    Enjoy her in perfect health.

23. ferrariKP

ferrariKP F1 Rookie

Jul 29, 2004
    BKK/ LOS
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Nice car, Congrats!

Kudo to a brave heart for interior choice ;)

24. BlackonBlack

BlackonBlack Formula Junior

May 30, 2010
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ed
    It's a beauty.
    Enjoy it.

How long a wait?

25. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    One word: Unique! Okay two actually: lovely! Congrats!!