Rossi fastest at Jerez | FerrariChat

Rossi fastest at Jerez

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by 2000YELLOW360, Apr 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Looking at the times for the second open practice at Jerez, Rossi is the fastest. It was wet, but Weather.com is predicting rain on Sunday, so he ,may start from the front. Those that she he would get a win this year may be surprised.

Art

2. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Unfortunately, Rossi only qualified 13th, with Hayden qualifying 3rd.

3. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    In post-race comments Rossi admitted he will have to adapt to the Ducati rather than the other way around. He used hayden's settings for the race and said it gave him more front-end feel than previous. In his words the Ducati doesn't like to pitch with extremes of weight transfer under braking, this is where he loses the most time. The transition between hard braking and turning with his style on the Ducati simply isn't working.

In the race it was good to see Nicky mixing it up at the front, unfortunately it didn't last as he slipped back a few positions by the end.

I know Rossi is the story everyone is talking about, but what about Spies? One race (Qatar) can be seen as bad luck or maybe just a bad tire. But now two races of poor results and fourth Yamaha by a large margin can't be good for contract negotiations. Crutchlow is riding like a madman and Dovizioso is also hoping to take Ben's factory spot.

Although premature, the way things are going Spies will not be on the factory bike in 2013. The question becomes for a rider of his abilities to settle for a customer prototype, waste a season riding for a CRT, or have his pick of rides in World Superbike. I know all of these riders dream of being MotoGP champion, but realistically there are only 4 or 5 riders today that ever have a realistic chance. If he gets fired, I would love to see Spies back in WSBK.

4. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    There is no money in World Superbike. If Ben doesn't keep his ride, or gets a substantial reduction in salary, I suspect Mary will have to move from the Vila at Lake Como. From my perspective, it couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

However, Ben isn't a quitter, but with the new formula, he has his work cut out for him.

Art

5. raptorduck

raptorduck Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Mr. Raptorduck
    My buddy rode with Crutchlow a few months ago. That guy is in great shape. Rossi's biggest mistake of his career was going to Ducati I am afraid to say. Ben is on much better equipment than Nicky and Nicky is doing much better and is the best US rider of the moment. I hope Ben can turn things around. He is very talented. I have been on his wheel and see that talent first hand.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Rossi has had his day and every new race meeting proves it further. I hope he retires before he hurts himself.

He will always be a legend, but time to get off the bike and leave it to the young guys.
    Pete