History of the Cizeta V16T | Page 12 | FerrariChat

History of the Cizeta V16T

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Jet-X, Mar 14, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr JonboyG

Dr JonboyG Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Gitlin
    My copy was waiting for me when I got home this evening - fantastic job, Brian, you should be very proud.

2. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Thanks for all the kind words guys, really appreciate.

Just to reiterate, I am not a writer - this was a pet/personal project that started out as nothing and turned into something quite big for me. Your enjoyment means I succeeded. However, please, do not be afraid to comment on the book in a negative way. If you wished it had something else, let me know. If you think it was below average, that's ok to.

I ask for this feedback, because I am considering another book (not car related, but aviation related).

Thanks again, I hope you get lots of enjoyment out of the book.

3. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    Thanks Chris!

4. mycarsux

mycarsux Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2006
    Houston, Tx
    Full Name:
    Wylie
    I just got home from work to find my copy on my doorstep! After a quick glance, it looks great. I can't wait to start reading it tonight. Thank you for all of your hard work in telling the story.

5. tiko_history

tiko_history Rookie

May 6, 2012
    Armenia
    Hi everyone . I just want to say , that I'm a big fanat of this car .

6. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    FYI - all International customers, your copies ship out on Monday.

7. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    #282 alan, May 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Brian, Got my copy today, had an initial flick through looks fantastic, and I was thrilled to see myself get a mention at one point! :)

Will let you know in depth my thoughts once I have read it cover to cover.

Here is a scan from EVO supercar directory 2012, which by coincidence I got today also.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. maranelloman

maranelloman Rookie

Aug 17, 2007
    Southern Italy
    #283 maranelloman, May 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    There were 3 versions of the brochure you have, plus one other brochure that featured the final car (not the prototype).

10. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
  11. Fuoriserie

Fuoriserie Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Italy
  12. Fuoriserie

Fuoriserie Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Italy
  13. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    I recently went on vacation and made it a point to visit the Marconi Museum. The car collection was spectacular!

Here is a short documentary of the Cizeta. I gave a shout out to the book, which was a HUGE help in the research. The lighting in the museum was a bit dark.

Chris

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZqUnhjiMCw]Cizeta V16t: A Car That Should Have Been - YouTube[/ame]

14. ferris45

ferris45 Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Caro Claudio,
    Prima o poi tutti i nodi verranno a galla! Allora ci sara' la rivincita!
    saluti,,,ferris45

15. ferris45

ferris45 Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Hello,,,,
    Soon there will be a change for the better!
    Just wait and see,,,
    ferris45

16. ferris45

ferris45 Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Bravo Claudio,,,,,

17. ferris45

ferris45 Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Hello Cizeta lovers and not.

I heard through the grapevine the V16 car is back in town, anybody would like to confirm this? If it is true I would like to go see it and meet Mr. Zampolli. After reading the book and the all story behind it I became more curious and enthusiastic to find out more about it.
    The book is definitely great and Mr. Brian must be proud of it, however I heard from very reliable infos that all the story written is not quite accurate and correct. Apparently there are a substantial amount of, sabotages, squilings, conpiracies and more behind it.
    I red that between Mr. Zampolli and Mr. Brian there is definitely big frictions and sparks, so I want to find out more and why when the car was sized the news was on national TV.
    Greetings,,,,,

18. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Well, with exception of Chapter 10 (which was largely rewritten after talking to Jay Leno and Claudio's attorney Tristram Buckley), Claudio never said anythingI had written was inaccurate (and I have the emails between us to back this up), so not sure what is inaccurate outside of bitterness over our break up.

19. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I would love to know what is happening / has happened to the seized car, I would be devastated if it were destroyed by the bureaucrats. I just hope the car resurfaces one day even if it does have to be moved out of the U.S. by a new owner. At least it would be nice to hear what fate has befallen the car.

Unless there is some truth in the above posters grapevine news?? Anybody know?

20. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I think the term "inaccurate" may only apply in the sense that it is not how Claudio wishes for some of the stories to be remembered.

>8^)
    ER

21. ferris45

ferris45 Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    hello Alan,,
    Yes, indeed it is confirmed by my friend that he saw the car. He sent me fotos after the delivery. More to come about the story behind the squilings and conspiracies, I wish they could make a movie about it, I tell you the info that I get is amazing!
    Greetings,,,,

22. ferris45

ferris45 Rookie

Apr 24, 2013
    Ci sentiremo presto!

23. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
  24. Claudio Z.

Claudio Z. Rookie

Dec 30, 2009
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Claudio Zampolli
    “History of Cizeta Automobili”

I am the President of Cizeta Automobili, the developer and manufacturer of the Cizeta automobiles, Claudio Zampolli. From a friend I just found out about this unauthorized book on the Cizeta. I was advised to see it advertised on “Amazon.com”, and also to read the book as he indicated there is something very discriminatory in Chapter 10.

The authors of the book “Brian Wiklem and Carry Cowan” criminally stole most of the pictures and information on Cizeta from my computer by persuading me that my computer needed improvement. I then left them alone in my office to repair it. After the unauthorized theft, I cannot spend $250.00 for something that was unauthorized and stolen from me. They never contacted me again.

Is there someone out there is willing to loan me the book for a short time, or at least a copy of the legendary discriminating Chapter 10? In exchange for this kindness I will send a beautiful poster of the one-off Cizeta V16 T TTJ Spyder manufactured here in the USA with my thanks and gratitude.

I can assure you, when you know the “other side of the story” you would not hesitate to send a note of “SHAME ON YOU” to the authors as I hope it haunts them for the rest of their lives!

Thank you in advance for your consideration of this request. Please send your mail to the below address.

Sincerely,

Claudio Zampolli

E-mail: [email protected]
    USPS: P.O. Box 8343 fountain Valley, CA 92728

25. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Frankly, that reads like a whole lot of bull**** Claudio. Very disappointing to see you make accusations like that against the author of a wonderful book cataloging its history - this coming from a longtime fan and enthusiast of your creation.

>8^)
    ER