CMP Lap Times | FerrariChat

CMP Lap Times

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Crawler, Apr 28, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    #1 Crawler, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just did a DE session at Carolina Motorsports Park yesterday. This was in my '11 VW GTI. The car is stock except for Hawk HPS brake pads, H&R 1.2" lowering springs and 225/45-17 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 tires. These were set in the third session before the rains came and drenched the track. Bear in mind that I'm carrying and extra 180 or so pounds of instructor. I'm just wondering if these times are decent. I should have some video after editing.

2:04.56
    2:04.44
    2:04.23
    2:03.39
    2:03.18
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Hope you had a blast.

Looking forward to checking out your laps on video.

3. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Dan, you seem relaxed and fairly consistent with your inputs, so that's a good foundation.

I don't know the track, but here are my brief observations on your technique.

First and foremost, hands on the wheel at nine and three, please. No more shuffling. Period.

You're pinching many of your exits. Think about fully straightening the wheel on corner exit. Make the exits flow.

On turn in, you're actually turning a bit too quickly and too much. As a result, you're inducing more understeer than you'd otherwise experience. Slow your hands a little and turn a little less.

4. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Thanks very much. I'll be back there in a couple of weeks and will work on those points. (And of course report back here.)

5. DCNSX

DCNSX Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2007
    Winston-Salem, NC
    I'll be there in 12 days. Look me up if you're there.