2012 Canadian GP | FerrariChat

2012 Canadian GP

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferris Bueller, Feb 25, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Who's going this year?
    I just booked my trip. Its my 3rd year in a row. I cant wait.
    I love this venue. The nightlife, food, drink and of course the main event!
    Lets hope for good weather this year.

2. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Very much on the fence. I went there in '10 and it was very nice - love the city and I have family who live downtown, just down the street from the metro, so it's super convenient.

Got a trip to Europe May 18th, another June 23rd, so it's sort of a busy time... we'll see.

Where are you sitting?

3. mrbucket2

mrbucket2 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2006
    Bergen County
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Make sure you get a reservation for Au Pied de Cochon, best food in Montreal in my opinion.

4. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Mike,
    I sat in Tribune 11, section 8 the past 2 years, would like to be in section 7 this year its the same grandstand but the view down the front straightaway is a tad better.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I have a hotel reservation as my backup in case my Monza plans don't pan out.

Would be my 5th GP in Montreal.

The city is doing a fantastic job but I hate the Nazis channeling the spectators onto their grandstands in practice/qualifying.

6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 and was the worst part of my visit there. I went to Indy and Montreal in 2005. Night and day difference in access. Planned seating didnt happen in Indy until race day. Nice to be able to move around. When I tried to sit elsewhere( without knowing it was not allowed), the treatment was less than polite. I would change that if I could for Montreal. Great race otherwise!

7. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Will be going again this year and sitting at our seats at the hairpin (section 24 for ten years this year!). Want to pose an offer to someone who is sitting at the Senna Curve. We have four seats at the hairpin and although they are great seats, it would be cool to sample another great section on one of the non race days.

Would those of you with multiple seats be interested in swapping seats for one day (either Friday or Saturday one- two- or more tickets)? We would essentially exchange our tickets for the one day so if we both have the chance to see the events from a different but fantastic perspective yet still use our original seats for race day. The Ferrari Challenge and support race paddock are right behind our seats so there are other things to do when there is no action on the track.

I brought this up last year but there wasn't enough time to pull it off; I think this idea is too good to let get away.

8. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I would be interested in a ticket swap for saturday maybe.

I am in Grandstand 11 section 8 if anyone is interested

9. f1flagger

f1flagger Karting

Oct 21, 2005
    Summerville, SC
    Can't but not go, 18th Canadian GP in a row.

10. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Are you working?

"Pix or it didn't happen!"

Cheers,
    Ian

11. f1flagger

f1flagger Karting

Oct 21, 2005
    Summerville, SC
    #11 f1flagger, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
    For every year? That's a tall order, besides, if you don't know what I look like I could show you any flagger and say it's me! I know which two pixels are me in the 2011 Autocourse, and there's this from 2006, http://youtu.be/5MfssAvq0BY, I'm the one at Montiero's left front wheel. How about I make an F-Chat sign and stick it on our post this year?- though I don't yet know what stations we'll be at.

12. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    No, no, no! :)

Just this coming year, and TBH I don't think we want pix of you :) - Just the cars from your great vantage point(s)!

Cheers,
    Ian

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'd be surprised if flaggers were allowed to take pictures.

14. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    That term is not very PC...

15. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Unless things have changed, absolutely they are. Not while they're one of the "active" flaggers of course, but they take it in turns and have lots of "down-time" don't forget.

Cheers,
    Ian

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    ok

17. f1flagger

f1flagger Karting

Oct 21, 2005
    Summerville, SC
    If only! I've not been to a GP in North America where's there's been enough of us to allow for off sessions and taking pictures even from a response position is enough to get you removed from the post and uninvited back. One of the missions upon returning home is to scour websites (this one included) for posted pics to see if we're in them, and hopefully not falling, tripping, dropping a flag, faceplanted in a gravel trap, or any number of other afflictions possible in our hobby.

We do have the second best seat in the house, nothing like enjoying the end-of-day beverages with sunscreen-melted tire bits covering your face, mixed with a layer of carbon brake dust.

We can use "marshall" or "marshal" (preceeded by any of track, course, corner, flag...) so as not to offend, but being PC is not on our list of requirements. Implementing such would reduce our numbers considerably.

18. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    My bad! I stand corrected. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm sure I have seen marshals shooting pix though (?) - Maybe not at GP's however.

Cheers,
    Ian

19. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    LOL! Not sure if serious?

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Les jeux sont faits:

Monza it is.

21. Forza355

Forza355 Formula 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Derek
    I'll be there again. This will be round 6 for me. Looking forward to it as always!

22. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I'm heading to Montreal for the first time. Also my first F1 race and I can't wait. Looking into a hotel now.

Any advice on where to stay?

Thanks,
    Bill

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Wherever you find a room. Very late in the game

24. ELP_JC

ELP_JC Formula 3

Dec 13, 2008
    I'm EXACTLY on that boat. Of course I'd have liked to book everything in advance, but the opportunity just opened today. And it'd be my 50th birthday gift to myself :D. My wife and daughter wanted to join me, but it'd be impossible, it appears. Hope to find at least one ticker... or two. Already asked a couple of friends if interested. If 3, I can take my wife and daughter. But don't mind going alone if needed. I'm not interested on seeing the V6 turbos, or going to Europe, so it's this one race or never. And no, can't make it to Austin.

Besides where to stay, where can I find tickets? I'm talking reliable sources. Pretty easy to get conned, I'd assume. Any tips welcome folks. Imagine getting to Montreal and your ticket is no good? It'd be great to hear advice on which grandstand and section to choose from too. Thanks.
    JC

25. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I'm findings many places with availability and was wondering if there are any specific suggestions for areas in Montreal for a hotel.

Thanks
    Bill